Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Glory Essay, Research Paper
The movie Glory (though having seen it 4 times) still amazes me.
It is a very emotional movie. It is about the fact that blacks were
starting to not be discriminated against. The racism was actually
not gone at all, just muffled by many people’s views.
The 54th regiment was incorporated because people thought it would
only be fitting that blacks be able to fight for their own freedom. The
problem was that the blacks were still thought of as inferior individuals.
This is why it took so long for a black regiment to come into existence.
A good example of the racism that was still existent in the north is when
the 54th met the white regiment coming back and were called “nigger”s and
were taunted. Another good example was that Blacks were not allowed to go
to military academies, and that is why the regiment was led by white officers.
Colonel Shaw (in the beginning) was still prejudiced against blacks. He did not treat them as humans. As time went on, he discarded all his previous views, and learned that blacks are no different than us all. He realized that the troops wanted to go out and die in the battle-field. He also realized how bad the nation’s views of blacks were. So he volunteered them for a battle that would surely bring them to Glory and honor. He was fully aware that the battle would not be a success, but it was a success morally. The people finally learned that blacks were people. This movie was not only about the blacks having their own regiment, but how they changed the public’s views on them, and showed them that they were humans.
- The Hobbit Essay, Research Paper The Hobbit J.R.R. Tolkien Characters 1. Bilbo Baggins: The Hobbit who led the Dwarves to ... of quests and glory Bilbo decides to join the party after all ... it before and seeing the movie, makes reading the book even more enjoyable ...
- The Stranger Essay, Research Paper The Stranger In The Stranger, Albert Camus portrays Meursault, the book’s narrator and ... swim, go to a movie, and then spend the night together. Later in ... want to bring him to the glory of the lord. Here Meursault’s animal ...
- Glory Vs Shawshank Redemption Essay, Research Paper Two of the well known movies that were the abolishinst movement in ... Amerrica were Glory ...
- Arthur C. Clarke Essay, Research Paper THE GARDEN OF RAMA (Bantam, ... , who made the movie. In it, the space mission of ... the virtual end of creative art. The world was still living on the glories ... motion picture event. Each page keeps the reader addicted. I ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper The history of Paramount Pictures begins in Hungary in 1873, with the ... , while Bow found glory as the iconic flapper of the 1920s in such ... several memorable films: the landmark gangster movie Underworld (1927); The Last Command (1928 ...