Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
March 8, 2000
The Lemon Mobile
Ever since I set eyes on my car, I have had nothing but a headache. Not only is it
the loudest car, but it also drifts right into the trees, and it shakes at thirty and sixty m.p.h.
Even with all of my car?s faults, nothing prepared me for its final act of cruelty. My
lemon died thirty minutes before warm-ups for our big game, and I had the starting line up
Laura, Allison, Kristen, Kierra, and I had all packed into my two-door death trap
to get a snack at Dunkin Donoughts. Being the responsible upper classman, I made sure
we left with ample time to get ready for the game. Unfortunately, there wasn?t enough
time in the world to help us with our disaster. We were stopped at a red light howling
along to a Lenny Kravitz song, which I now hate, when Kristen nervously uttered,? Meg I
think your car stopped running.?
I confidently replied, ?Nah!? Well, to my surprise, when I stepped on the gas, we
didn?t go anywhere. All of a sudden, I began laughing hysterically and the rest of them
chimed in, until, ?BEEP? the light had turned green! ?AAHH!? we shrieked. We finally
realized that we were stuck in a useless hunk of metal at Toms River?s busiest intersection.
?What are we gonna do?? I thought. At the time, shrieking and laughing were our best
solutions. Finally, as people were going around us, giving us the finger and cursing at us,
my four skinny mini passengers got out to push my 2000 lb. pile of tin. As they set out on
their mission to rescue us from being stranded in a sea of road rage, all I could do was
The time was twenty minutes until warm-ups and my mighty mouse teammates
had managed to push my lemon into Amoco?s parking lot. We had to hurry and this scrap
heap running again. Laura yelled,? Maybe it needs anti-freeze!? So, she galloped away to
the store and in two minutes she was back with a container of anti-freeze. After we
poured the fluid into my car, we tried to start my car, ?Vroom Vroom!?
?Nothing! Shit!? I panicked. So, we decided to stare at the car a little longer
hoping the car would tell us what it needed.
There were only five minutes of stretching time left, and we were still stranded ten
minutes away from school. ?We are so dead,? I thought to myself. As we stood there,
Allison went to call for help. She came shuffling back, ? Well the good news is we have a
ride the bad news is Mills is *censored*ing pissed.?
?Shit!? we uttered. I mean I could see why she would be a little upset because it
was thirty minutes before our big game, and her starting line up was stranded at the
Amoco station instead of being at the field for warm ups.
It was thirty minutes before the game, we had missed warm ups and we were
scared of what Mills was going to do to us, but wait, our chariot was there. ?Hooray!? we
sang in harmony. Unfortunately, our chariot was a Jeep. A Jeep can hold two people
comfortably three is all right, but six was not possible. If you have ever seen a clown car
then you know how we fit into our mouse hole ride. In the front was the driver and two
passengers, in the back was two people in the seats and one was lying across them. I was
in the front with Kristen?s rear end crushing my legs. Needless to say, it was the longest
ten-minute ride I had ever been on. Not only was I into a small bucket seat but also at
every bump in the road Kristin?s bum was digging more and more into my leg.
We finally arrived two minutes before crunch time. As we drove onto the field,
we were greeted by boisterous cheering from our loyal fans ( I guess someone had told
them). We staggered and fell out of our clown mobile, all red as stop signs, hurriedly
entered the playing field. We did win the game, and I learned a valuable lesson from the
whole experience. I learned that if you are going to go to get a snack before a big game,
then go in a car that has fallen apart fewer than five times.
- ... Flow And Globalisation Essay, Research Paper In this paper, DR. ARUP RATAN ... the grand success of Lumi?re brothers? screenings in ... definitions of identity. Uprootings, mobility, are widely conceived, ... representation of the Scalabrini mission, the train station ...
- Poverty Essay, Research Paper + (a) In general For purposes ... and appropriations process for McKinney Act programs and other ... lift families above the poverty line. More than 3 million poor ... , studies of income and mobility across nations clearly show that ...
- Airpower: Future Of Conflict Essay, Research Paper Airpower: the future of ... 21st Century as the lone world superpower, having won ... . The “Wild Weasel” mission takes out enemy anti-aircraft ... global attack, rapid global mobility, and suppression of enemy ...
- Telecommunications In Korea Essay, Research Paper INTRODUCTION Telecommunications is ... data interchange, on-line data retrieval and database ... limited sectors, such as mobile telecommunications services. General ... industry by making maximum use of its ...
- The History Of Entrepreneurship Essay, Research Paper Entrepreneurship ‘A Balanced Economic ... greater group mobility. Among the most mobile groups are ... European Americans. Modern Mexican immigrants came after WWI ... Americans south of that line. After four years ...