Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The book I have chosen to do
a book review on Danny the Champion of the world by Roald Dahl. It was
illustrated by Quentin Blake. The actual copy I have was printed in 1991. The
first time it was printed was in 1975. The publishers that published the book
were Penguin. Danny the champion of the
world is based on Danny and his father living in a caravan. His father has a
deep, dark secret. It is that he is a poacher. Danny had thought of a new
method for poaching. I enjoyed the part when Danny has thought of the new
method for poaching. Danny?s dad was jumping for joy it was though he was the
happiest man alive. The main characters are
Danny, Danny?s dad, Mr. Victor Hazell ad Doctor Spencer. Danny is the main
character his a normal boy living with his dad. His mum had died when he as
four months old. Him and his dad live in a caravan. Danny does go to a village
school although he didn?t start school until he was seven instead of five.
Danny?s dad also plays a main part of the book he is a car mechanic he owns a
petrol station, a caravan which he Danny live in and he owns a field behind.
Mr. Victor Hazell is a big, large man who owns a large peasant farm. Finally
there?s Doctor Spencer he is the doctor of the village. The genre of the book is
adventure. The book is aimed at the teenage and below age. It is suitable for
both boys and girls. Roald Dahl is writing a family life story. The story is
exiting and it has twists and turns in the story. The story is quite easy to
follow. I would seriously recommend
it to children from the ages of ten to thirteen because I really did enjoy it.
It was one of the most enjoyable book I have ever read.
- ... was two thirds of the way to the plate, I was standing on second base. (p. 30 ... dominance. Danny?s father, the Hasidic rabbi in the area formed the team for the sole purpose ...
- Review Of A Piece Of Theatre Essay, Research Paper The piece ... with a raised platform at the back. The hall s ceiling is rather ... exception. On the flat part of the stage, sat the chorus, ... her. Upon the raised platform, stood the Greasers (Danny, Kenickie, Rizzo ...
- Review Of Three Movies: Trainspotting, ... And despite Renton’s celebrated saying on the pleasures of heroin, boasting, “ ... Directed by Danny Boyle, written by John Hodge, from the novel by ... really close to the book version, but why quibble. The actors work well ...
- ... f*****, and the last fantastic book flung out of the tenement window and the last ... Danny DeVito (Shorter 283). The story of Frances Farmer would also live on ... Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (Review). Critchley, Macdonald. Unkind cuts: the rise and ...
- ... from the embrace of the mainstream publishing world. On June 7 the Publishing ... The New Yorker includes a review of Hollinghurst’s latest work, The ... and his gay son Danny, “the complications of being a ... nagging about the meaning of it all fill the book. In ...