Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Effects Of Drunk Driving Essay, Research Paper
Did you know drunk driving is the Nation s most frequently committed violent crime? About three in every five Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related crash at some time in their lives. It s a scary thought isn t it? Drunk driving takes the life of a person approximately every thirty seconds.
Those injured and killed in drunk driving collisions are not accident victims. The crashes caused by impaired drivers involve two choices: to drink AND to drive. The injuries and deaths sustained each year by drunk driving can be prevented. Those who choose to drive while impaired, have been informed of the dangers, however, decide to ignore the harsh facts. They will eventually end up facing injury or death to themselves or, even worse, someone else. This is a reality some choose to ignore until they are forced to live or die along with the consequences.
There are numerous consequences given to these offenders. Some may include time in jail, probation, and warnings. Does this seem fair? The harsh reality is many impaired drivers are set free and allowed to commit the same crime, sometimes over and over again. Does that make you feel safe on the road? I certainly don t feel safe. I believe this is an intended crime a person chooses to commit, but others don t agree. Sometimes the others include our judicial system. Everyone is aware of the dangers of mixing alcohol and drugs with driving. Hasn t media emphasized the dangers and realities of driving while intoxicated? People still do not take this seriously and choose to get behind the wheel of an automobile anyway. Shouldn t they be punished for their actions?
There are so many advocates working to get these violators off our streets. I admit the number of victims of alcohol related crashes have gone down, but there are so many innocent lives still being taken. This just isn t enough. Organizations, like Mothers Against Drunk Driving, have acted along with law enforcement to lower the horrific statistics. Together, our goals are all the same: to toughen laws and punishments, however, legislation is not on our side.
People are informed of the dangers and consequences of driving while intoxicated, but why do they continue to choose to take this course of action? I believe the offenders are aware of the light punishments and simply do not care. I also believe one day, when someone they care about is injured or killed in this violent manner, they will have to face a harsh reality. They will eventually suffer the damaging life-long effects of knowing, first-hand, how it feels to be a victim. But until then, what about the rest of our loved ones and us?
- Drunk Driving Essay, Research Paper Drunk driving is considered a serious crime in ... criminal prosecution of alcohol-impaired drivers is the most effective deterrent in ... reducing the menace of alcohol-impaired driving. (Henderson ...
- Drunk Driving Essay, Research Paper While driving down the road seventy miles ... short-term effects could be devastating. Thousands of families are affected each day ... on treatment alone. The effects of drinking and driving not only affects you ...
- Report On Drunk Driving Essay, Research Paper No one can drink and drive safely. Alcohol is a ... motor vehicle crashes. Upward of fifty percent of driver fatalities involve alcohol ... only in Richmond area, it effects the whole world.
- ... And Driving Essay, Research Paper Adolescent Drinking and Driving Drinking and driving is an illegal act of ... the serious effects of alcohol. It is a proven fact that driving under the ... . A common feeling among adolescents who drink is that, “It’s my body ...
- Legalization Of Marijana: For Essay, Research Paper Legalization of Marijana: For ... means. II. NO DRIVING The responsible cannabis ... of our bedroom. Similarly, whether we smoke marijuana or drink ... to alleviate the side effects of cancer chemotherapy, overcome ...