Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
President Of USA Essay, Research Paper
The position of being the president of the United States is the most powerful
office in the world. The president is the leader of a nation of wealth and great
military strength. Unlike most governments around the world, our president is
the chief of state and a head of government. Also each and every president has
played their own important role in shaping our history. A person who would like
to run for president must fit the qualifications. First of all he must be a
"natural born" citizen of the United States. The person must be at
least 35 years of age and must have lived in the United States for fourteen
years or more. After this the person is then nominated by a national political
party convention. Then the person is elected by the vote of the electoral
college which is held in December following the election on the first Tuesday in
November every four years. The inauguration is held January 20 after election.
The president is elected for a four year term but he may not be elected for more
than two terms. The president yearly receives a salary of two hundred thousand
dollars. After leaving office he is eligible for a pension of ninety nine
thousand five hundred dollars. The daily life of the president is filled with
many tasks. Being the chief of state the president performs many public and
ceremonial duties. He also must make sure federal laws are enforced. The
president also acts as the commander in chief of the nations armed forces and he
is in charge of the national defense. The president is in charge of determining
United States relations with other countries. The executive branch of the
federal government is run by the president. The branch consists of thirteen
executive departments, and over one hundred independent agencies. Almost three
million civilian employees and two million members of the armed forces are
included in the executive branch. Over the years the presidents responsibilities
have increased. Court decisions, customs, laws and other developments have
expanded the presidents responsibilities and powers. Different powers are used
by the president to carry out his administrative duties. There are hundreds of
laws that give the president emergency powers. This means that the president has
special authority to prevent or end a national emergency. The president can also
give executive orders. Executive orders have the force of a law that are issued
through directions, proclamations or statements by the president. They require
no action by congress. Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation
which was on of the most famous executive orders ever. It declared freedom for
all slaves in the areas under the confederate control.
- President Of US Essay, Research Paper The President of the United States – this title ... ,11). Only the president can decide whether to use nuclear weapons or ... not. As the Foreign Policy Director, the constitution gives the President the ...
- Decriminalization Of Steroids Essay, Research Paper The Decriminalization of Steroids Everyone has a view ... but also is a spokesperson of The Presidents Council of Physical Fitness. Also, Lee ... , 5). Despite over forty years of use by athletes and non-athletes ...
- Battle Of Britain Essay, Research Paper The Battle of Britain: A Wave of Resistance Amid a Sea of Darkness As the cold ... German hegemony. In which case the President of the USA would have agreed with Ambassador ...
- History Of Basketball Essay, Research Paper The game of basketball has evolved a great deal throughout the years. Basketball ... . The first president of the league was Maurice Podolalf (Lauren S. Bahr, 1995). Throughout the formation of the ...
- ... Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper The purpose of this paper is to discuss marijuana and compare the issue of ... president Bill Clinton and congress to end federal restrictions against the use of ... the demand of the drug in the United States. The use of ...