Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Crucible Sumary Essay, Research Paper
The Crucible is a play about witchcraft. It all begins with a group of young
women playing with witchcraft taught by Tituba and Abigail William?s.
Reverend Parris found them and most of the girls scattered but the smallest girls
stayed, frozen with fear.
The people of Salem, where the setting is, hold a church meeting and
call Reverend Hale to decide if it is witchcraft. Hale comes to Salem and gets the
girls to confess and blame Tituba, the slave that taught them witchcraft. Tituba
confesses and blames the devil.
The city of Salem called in deputies to try people for witchcraft and the
girls start their acts of vengeance on the entire town.
Abigail William?s who lusts for John Proctor tries to bring Elizabeth
Proctor, Johns wife, to trial. Abigail went to the council and pulled a needle out
of her stomach and claimed Elizabeth was responsible. Hale visited Elizabeth
again and found a needle stuck in the abdomen of a doll. Abigail had planted it.
The chaos continued and the girls continue to pretend to see the devil
during the trials, but to find out what happens you?ll have to read the play.
There are many themes that you can explore in this play; marital relationships,
the effects of mass hysteria, but the most important is, understanding the
concept of dignity and honor.
- The Crucible’s Tragic Hero Essay, Research ... portrays a tragic hero in The Crucible. His hamartia of treachery caused ... them in the particular time period. Near the end of The Crucible, Proctor ... believed that he had lost the ...
- ... Arthur Miller?s depiction of the Salem witch trials, The Crucible, deals with a community ... during the trials the accused witch had two choices, death or imprisonment. The ... than one tragedy in The Crucible. The first was the murdering of many innocent ...
- ... this is where the play starts. ^^^^^^^^^^THE CRUCIBLE: THE PLOT It’s the spring of 1692 ... man, Giles Corey.” ^^^^^^^^^^THE CRUCIBLE: SETTING The Crucible is set in the small settlement of ...
- ... so, but in the early 1950s, at the time The Crucible was written, a ... this is where the play starts. ^^^^^^^^^^THE CRUCIBLE: THE PLOT It’s the spring of 1692 ... . The whole village of Salem ...
- The Crucible 7 Essay, Research Paper The Crucible – Witch Trials In The Crucible by Arthur Miller, the ... madness of the ... bewitching them. The Crucible starts after the girls in the village have ...
- ... the source of conflict in the Crucible. In the Crucible, the townspeople hunt out the witches in the ... on Dimmesdale. In The Crucible, the antagonist is Abigail Williams, the girl who mainly ...