Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Jan. 7 “2000″
“Biotechnology in Human Medicine”
Biotechnology is the science by which scietist change or manage biological systems
in living things. This science allows humans to better understand, and apply their
learnings to things such as agriculture, industry and human medicine.
One of the ways scientist are learning more about medicines is by performing labs
that are called cultures. This is when microorganisms or cells are grown in a controlled
enviroment, set up by the experimenter. Also the culture must be kept clean and have
food at all times. The organisms living in this cell are also known as a culture cell. When
all is said and done the scientist should hopefully have learned something, usually having
to do with a cell being different than normal. From culture labs scientist can make
antiobiotics, vaccines and other drugs that can help people in todays society who are ill.
Pharming is another way to help make medicines better. Pharming is a method by
Scientists take milk from animals to produce proteins that are needed by humans. This
method is a substitute to that of a culture because it is not only cheaper but is much safer.
The Human Genome Project is also a project that is helpful to that of medicines.
This project is aimed to help understand how genes work in a persons body. Once we
we learn more about the genes of people the door is opened to other paths. The goals
of this project are to identify all 100,000 genes in DNA, determine the 3 billion chemical
bases found in DNA and then to develop tools that will help us analyze all of the
information that is learned from the project. These are only just some of what is gonna
help us with medicine in the future.
- In Support Of Human Cloning Essay, Research Paper Human cloning is inevitable. As part ... or for the manufacture of medicines, the cloning of humans is ... longing. (arguments against human cloning and other disquieting biotechnologies)? Discover May 1998 ...
- Biotechnology Essay, Research Paper Biotechnology Over the past decade, Biotechnology has advanced much to ... economic, and societal balances in our nation. For medicine, Biotechnology has been a blessing ... we will have cloned entire human beings to work for us ...
- ... of events an American biotechnology firm in Massachusetts, Advanced Cell ... in the Bahamas where there is no legislation banning human cloning research ... . The singular flaw in each and all of these ... the next evolutionary step in modern medicine, and cloning is ...
- ... And Biotechnology Essay, Research Paper INTRODUCTION This paper is about Biotechnology and its use in creating new ... stringent than those for new medicines produced using the exact same ... hazards to biodiversity, food safety, human and animal health. They do ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper The advent of penicillin forever changed the world of medicine ... in lab mice, all highly successful in treating infections of streptococcus bacterium. Human ... ineffective. Bibliography class notes, Biotechnology in Society, Dr. McClure, Jan ...