Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Characters In Othello Essay, Research Paper
This is main character in the play. He is a Moorish General and head of the army of Venice. He is a warrior, honest, and loves his new wife, Desdemona very much. His one flaw is that he trusts his ensign, Iago too much and allows Iago to corrupt him.
Iago cons him into believing his wife is cheating on him, and he kills her for it. When he realises she was not cheating, he commits suicide in anguish.
He is Othello’s ensign, and the main villian in the play. He hoped to be promoted to the position of lieutanent, but Othello chose Cassio over him. To get revenge, he hatches a plot to convince Othello that Cassio and Desdemona, Othello’s wife are having an affair. He is truly evil, and cares only about himself.
She is the wife of Othello, and the daughter to the Venetian senator, Brabantio. Against her father’s wishes, she married Othello, a man of a different race. For that, her father disowned her. Due to Iago’s deeds, Othello ends up killing her. She is deeply in love with Othello, and her last words are in his support.
He is Othello’s lieutanent, and was chosen of the veteran soldier Iago for the position. He is a young and handsome Florentine, and a ladies man. He ends up getting drunk and wounding Montano, Governor of Cyprus. This causes him to dismissed from his post. He manages to avoid being killed in a plot by Iago. Near the end, he is appointed Governor of Cyprus. Lee’s Analysis
She is the wife of Iago, and is loud and cynical-especially about men. This is because of years of living with the sexist Iago. Even though she does not hold her husband with high regards, she does not suspect him of plotting out his elaborate schemes. She dies at her husband’s hand after disclosing the truth about Desdemona’s fidelity.
A rich and gullible Venetian who is in love with Desdemona. He pays Iago to arrange for he and Desdemona to get together. After a failed attempt to murder Cassio, he is killed by Iago.
The ruler of Venice. He sends Othello to Cyprus, and tries to settle the dispute between Brabantio and Othello.
A Venetian senator and father to Desdemona. He opposes the marriage of his daughter and Desdemona.
Governor of Cyprus, who is wounded when by Cassio when he gets drunk.
Lodovico and Gratiano:
Venetian gentlemen and kinsmen to Brabantio.
none, the book
- The Manipulation Of Othello Essay, Research Paper The Manipulation of Othello William Shakespeare’s “Othello” presents all of the elements of ... features of the Aristotelian archetype are manifested in General Othello’s character. Although Othello is great ...
- The Character And Signifigcanc Essay, Research Paper The Character and Signifigcance of Iago George Brandes (originally published in 1914 ... prophetic fury, which are the same in Othello as in the Italian, are not to ...
- Honesty: Characters Of Othello Essay, Research Paper Honesty can be a way of ... open parts of the plot of William Shakespeare’s Othello. In the play Shakespeare gives ... beautiful Desdemona: the lady in which many a male character of Othello would have given ...
- Bestility In Othello Essay, Research Paper For as long as literature ... own ideas. The dominant animal even shines through in the character of Emilia when ... animal imagery in the play is the imagery given life regarding the character of Iago ...
- Reputations In Othello Essay, Research Paper Reputations of the main characters and its role in Othello In the play Othello written by William ... an important factor for all the characters in Othello but reputation was most important ...