Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Drugs Essay, Research Paper
In today’s society, drugs have been a very obvious problem espescially amongst
teenagers and young adults. . I feel that an answer can be found if people stop
complaining and start testing. This can be the first place to take
effect for a drug free environment. A mandatory drug testing for all students would
be of great benefit.
Drugs are responsible for many of the problems facing today’s youth. Drugs
such as marijuana and cocaine can become addictive and worse of all fatal. famous
people such as Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain,
have all died from drug overdoses. None of which would have ever occurred if
they wouldn’t have been using drugs in the first place. One would think that after
the deaths of many famous people, teenagers would see just how dangerous drugs
can be, but it doesn’t seem to really matter. However harmful drugs can be, the
teenagers will continue to do what they believe to be as cool. Mandatory drug
testing may prevent this use by the fear that the students might be caught using
drugs, only then does it become not quite as cool.
It seems that schools would be some of the best places to start mandatory
testing. This way, student’s health can be monitored just as their education is. In
these days, instead of schools being seen as a basic learning facility, it can be a
prime place for drug selling and contributing. Many highschool students are too
young to really understand just how harmful these habits can become and that it has
got to stop one way or another. The most obvious resolution is mandatory drug
testing for all students. Not only will the drug testing prevent the use of drugs, it
will also determine which students are using drugs and those students can be
Caught at an early age, with drug use, can stop a bad habit from forming that
can last a lifetime. Peer pressure is a major factor in the use of drugs, with all of the
students being tested, much of this would not occur before it is too late. Most
likely, students would not use drugs as often. They would have a chance to mature
and understand exactly what they are doing before they decide to actually do it.
Issues like this appear in everyday life and from simple everyday pressures.
I feel mandatory drug testing in schools would definitely be an advantage
students’ health, safety, and even contribute to further their learning abilities. The first
place to start ending this war on drugs is in the schools. This will keep the people of our
future even more drug free.
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper In the American life style psychoactive drugs are both accepted and criticized. ... to the younger generation that all drugs including alcoholic beverages are harmful ...
- Prescription Drugs Essay, Research Paper In a recent article, an MNBC correspondent ... a blind eye towards the fact that many of these people are ... stated in the article, the money that these companies receive goes towards research ...
- Sports And Drugs Essay, Research Paper In twentieth-century America, sports became ... create the sometimes-false illusion that these athletes were great people ... is a war that many athletes have waged on themselves. Drugs take control ...
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper TOBACCO Tobacco is a plant grown for its leaves that are smoked, ... Recent research is showing that true substance dependence may be caused, in part ... as a social problem in that it causes a disturbance in the equilibrium of society ...
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper The extermination of illegal drugs has always been ... that we need to focus on in order to wipe out drugs ... and competition that our culture puts each individual through. ... physical effects of drugs so wonderful, that they will do ...