Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Classification Of Cats Essay, Research Paper
Over the years, I have noticed that there are three types of domestic cats. There are indoor domestic cats, outdoor domestic cats, and indoor-outdoor domestic cats. Though these cats would look very similar if all these cats were clean and sitting next to each other, they would also be very different.
Indoor cats are generally very clean, since they do not have to work for their food. The excess time allows them to clean and pamper themselves on a daily basis. The fact that they are usually fed on regular intervals makes an indoor cat overweight. The cats know that they can sleep all day and still get fed once or more times a day. Also, since the cats do not work for their food, they lose their exercise time. It makes it impossible for them to burn off any extra calories they may have gotten.
This type of cat generally likes a lot of human contact, since humans are the ones who pamper and feed the cats. They are use to this contact, which makes them not scared of humans. For the most indoor cats, a person does not have to worry about getting a disease from them, since the cat probably is taken to the veterinarian on a regular basis.
Outdoor cats usually are pretty scraggly looking. The fact that they have to work for all of their food causes them to get more dirty and does not allow them the time to clean themselves everyday. They are much skinnier and are in much better shape. These cats are awake all day long looking for food and avoiding the everyday obstacles of an outdoor cat. This allows them to get plenty of exercise, but not always enough food.
Outdoor cats are not usually people friendly. They are not around humans, so that they do not depend on humans enough to be friendly with people. It is probably a good thing that these types of cats do not like a lot of human contact, since more outdoor cats unlike indoor cats have not had their shots. This does not insure that they are free from diseases, so a person does not know if this cat has a disease or not.
An indoor-outdoor cat is a combination of the previous two types of cats. These cats are also generally clean looking cats that are semi-dependent on humans for their food. These cats have to look for food, but they are also are given food by humans. These cats are generally in good shape and they are also in better health. They get plenty of exercise but they also get some of the luxuries of the indoor cat.
These cats are also people friendly. Since they are semi-dependent on humans, they in return are used to them and are not scared of them. These cats are sometimes even temporarily housed by humans from time to time to further emphasize their dependency on humans. A person can usually count on a cat like this to have some of their shots and be free of diseases.
As I have observed these cats over the years, I have notices many of these differences and similarities of these different types of cats. This allows a person to see how similar these cats can be. I must say, my favorite would have to be the overweight and lovable indoor cat. Since these cats are so friendly and they are sure to be free from diseases.
- ... Systems Essay, Research Paper The Path of Development of Strategic Information ... & Jenkins 1993), Minitel (Cats-Baril & Jelassi 1994) and ... Exhibit 8: Scott Morton’s Classification of Governance Modes (Scott Morton ... to its success over a period of time”. An ...
- ... lead to changes in classification. Though there are ... 1894, the individual research of Yersin and Kitasato in ... days of each other s findings, the presence of bipolar staining ... when plague spills over from its natural ... to plague. Infected cats become sick and may ...
- ... Jonestown: The Terror Within Essay, Research Paper Jonestown: The Terror Within. ... World Report 23). Marty’s classification of a rootless person is a ... far as having dead cats tossed into his church ... Oblsson 38). Jones’s words over the loud speaker echoed ...
- Praying Mantis’s Essay, Research Paper MANTODEA Most commonly ... Pterygota. As with all classifications there can be debates ... similar to cats. The cannibalistic instincts of mantids are ... becoming apparent that the over use of chemical pesticides is ruining ...
- ... Classifications of English verbs According to different principles of classification, classifications ... of cats ... Each of ... over and over again, which, of course, will decrease the effectiveness of ... of it was “Psycholinguistics: A study of Theory and Research ...