Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
from An American Testament by novelist and
apparatchik Joseph Freeman (1936)
Reconciliation to the city is only a prelude to our transformation. The conflict of
cultures grows more acute as we develop new interests and language itself becomes the
symbol and index of the conflict. At home we spoke Yiddish; in the street a form of
American with a marked foreign accent, a singsong rhythm . . . ; in school we read and
recited an English so pure, so lofty, so poetic that it seemed to bear no relation to the
language of the street. Literature was the enemy of the street until years later, when
postwar fiction and poetry gave the language of the street the dignity of art, when Joyce
and Hemingway replaced Longfellow and Whittier.
- ... Essay, Research Paper Joseph Stalin was perhaps on ... he cunning and ruthlessness. Joseph Stalin was a very industrious ... can be best understood from an excerpt from one of his speeches to ... and Poland practically form a continuous front from the Black Sea ...
- ... The names Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin are synonymous with the ... leader of the Germany. Joseph Stalin was not quite as ... Congress in 1927. Here is an excerpt from this speech: Evidently, the ... leadership. These two men were Joseph Stalin and Leon Trotsky. The ...
- ... names Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin are synonymous with the ... trial. This is an excerpt from his speech: “…I aimed from the first to…. ... Hitler was an user of propaganda, but Joseph Stalin was ... leadership. These two men were Joseph Stalin and Leon Trotsky. The ...
- ... men were Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin. They were each ... The names Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin are synonymous with the ... trial. This is an excerpt from his speech: “…I aimed from the first to…. ... party’s leadership.4 One was Joseph Stalin, and the other Leon ...
- ... the Fifth Crusade , by Joseph Donovan, is a very dry ... end? The following is an excerpt from the book in order to ... Several novels could be written from various perspectives (and perhaps ... were major players.BibliographyDonovan, Joseph P. Pelagious and the Fifth ...