Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The world needs to think of how the
climate is changing the food supply of the
earth. The climate is doing some really
bad things to the earth. The atmosphere is
also not in good shape because of climate
change. Humans now need to think of
how climate change is affecting people.
Climate change is affecting the food
supply of the world.
The climate change is rapidly affecting the
earth. The Greenhouse gases are what is
really messing up are world food supply
and what is messing up our earth. Global
Warming is causing concerns because of
its high content in the atmosphere already.
Because of global warming the earth is
going down hill fast. We the people need
to step up and take part in the fight
against greenhouse gases. Greenhouse
gases are what are leading to climate
change, and climate change is what is
leading to the depletion of the world food
supply. Because of rising greenhouse
gases, by the year 2060 the temperature
will rise 12 degrees (Pittock 1). We have
to use more fertilizer instead of chemical
fertilizers. Natural fertilizers aren?t
harmful to the environment.
Scientists think that if we are lucky the
populations will only double in the next 66
years (Roach 3). Although we will still
have to increase the
Wicker Page 3
demand for food. Between 1989 and
1990 the crops increased by 60 percent
(Pittock 4). Between these two years we
have increased farm machinery by 4.7
times what it was before (Pittock 4). And
we gave increased electricity by 5.1 times
what it was before (Pittock 4).
The climate change is affecting our
atmosphere and a lot of people don?t
know that. There are lots of pollutants in
the atmosphere but the two that are
important in global warming and climate
change are carbon dioxide and CFCs.
Between those two, carbon dioxide ranks
number one pollutant in the atmosphere.
CFC?s are bad too, but not nearly as bad
as carbon dioxide. CFC?s quicken global
warming (Weier 1). Greenhouse gases
consist of carbon dioxide mainly and that
is why we need to get rid of greenhouse
gases all together.
Believe it or not climate change affects
people too. Global warming and pollution
affects peoples breathing. Lately people
with asthma have had a hard tine
breathing because of global warming and
pollution. Doctors have had more asthma
patients in this year then in any year
(Weier 2). So now what do you people
think of global warming and pollution?
The green revolution was largely based on
increased energy in the form of irrigation,
mechanization, fertilizers, and pesticides.
Wicker Page 4
So far the production yields in crops are
negative in the low latitude countries
because of climate change. Natural
fertilizer helps crops by 22 percent where
as chemical fertilizers help a little better
than that but they are harmful to the soil.
Climate change can affect rainfall
intensity, weather extremes, pests, and
diseases. Studies have shown that Sub
Saharan Africa will get the worst of global
climate change and pollution. Also studies
show that food production will have to
grow 2 percent every year to sustain the
food supply (Roach 1). Scientists state
that this is possible.
The world food supply is changing and
the population needs to think about how
to stop this from happening. Changing
climate is changing our earth. As the
climate is changing so is the world food
supply. There is a high content of
greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
People need to use natural fertilizers
instead of chemical fertilizers. We need to
increase the demand for food. Climate
change affects people too. The Green
Revolution was based on the mechanics
of farming. Climate change affects
weather patterns too. Food production
must increase 2 percent ever year to keep
up with the population of the world.
Pittock, A. Barrie. “Climate Change and
World Food Supply: special issues on
environmental change and food policy.”
26 Oct. 1999: Internet. 10 Oct. 1999.
Available WWW: http://www.elibrary.com.
Roach, John. “Factory farms come under
scrutiny.” 26 Oct. 1999: Internet. 10 Oct.
1999. Available WWW:
Weier, John. “Every Cloud has a Filthy
Lining.” 26 Oct. 1999: Internet. 10 Oct.
1999. Available WWW:
- The Tobacco Issue: Essay, Research Paper The Tobacco Issue: Where the Responsibility Lies Political-Legal Issues: The legal ... the law is on the side of the tobacco firms and the political climate, though changing ...
- Essay On Stalin Essay, Research Paper The twentieth century ... one of the two superpowers of the world. The United States only ... which imposing climatic conditions could whittle away the opponents’ ... the current government. Hitler and the Nazis were the change the ...
- Fresh Water Shortage Essay, Research Paper The World Fresh Water Report ... per century, the team at the National Climate Data Center, part ... Health concerns have changed little in the past twenty-five ... of death have not changed. The average life expectancy has ...
- The Pryamids Essay, Research Paper The Great Pyramids of Ancient Egypt are the most magnificent and ... command the wonder and admiration of the world. Considering that the Egyptians had ... the public. The deterioration of the boat had been caused by the climate ...
- The African Queen Essay, Research Paper THE AFRICAN QUEEN Short Summary: “The African Queen” is the tale ... around the start of World War I. They struggle against the climate, the river, the bugs, the ... plan. Rose tries to change his views by accusing him ...