Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
On Liberty Exam Questions Essay, Research Paper
Texts: * – J.S. Mill: ?On Liberty?
(pp 110 + 17) * – Gray, John and Smith,
G.: ?On Liberty in Focus?, 1991 (pp 165) ?? – Gray, John and Pelczinski, Zbigniew eds.: Conceptions of
Liberty in Political Philosophy?,?? ???? 1984, Chapter on Mill (pp 30) * – Ryan, Alan.: ?The
Philosophy of John Stuart Mill?, (2nd ed.) 1998, chapter 12 (pp 18) ?? – Ryan, Alan.: ?JS Mill?, 1974 ?? – Ten, C.: ?Mill on Liberty?, 1980 ?? – Wolff, Jonathan.: ?An Introduction to Political Philosophy?
1996, chapter 4 (pp 32) Questions:? Sample –
place does rationality have in Mill?s theory of Liberty? –
Mill offer a satisfactory principle by which to judge whether interference in
another person?s actions is justifiable? –
people who were free in the way J.S. Mill recommended make good citizens? Exam –
Either: ?[A person] cannot rightfully be compelled to do or forbear because it
will be better for him to do so?? Why did Mill think it illegitimate to
restrict a person?s liberty on these grounds, and are his reasons convincing? Or:
Does Mill?s defence of free speech ignore the obvious fact that one person?s
speech can cause harm to others? (June
Either: For Mill, is Liberty a
means to an end? Or: Would Mill have prevented the dissemination of
racist literature? (June 1999) –
Either: ?Whoever succeeds in an overcrowded profession, or in a competitive
examination.. reaps benefits from the loss of others, from their wasted
exertion and disappointment?.? (J.S.
Mill On Liberty) Why then is society
not justified in preventing successful candidates from causing such harm to
Mill?s arguments for individual freedom in On
Liberty compatible with his belief in the principle of utility? (June 1998) –
what extent does J.S. Mill?s On Liberty modify
utilitarian principles? (June 1997) –
what extent is Mill?s theory of individual liberty weakened by a lack of
concern for poverty and other social constraints? (June 1996) –
what ways does Mill think that society benefits from upholding the right to
free expression, and what limits does he recommend placing on the exercise of
this right? (September 2000) –
?In On Liberty, Mill has
failed utterly to reconcile his principle of liberty with that of utility?. Discuss. (September 1999) –
Mill?s On Liberty a ?charter for
eccentrics?? (September 1998) –
J.S. Mill?s On Liberty express a
negative concept of liberty? (September
does Mill make a distinction between self-regarding and other-regarding
actions?? Is it useful? (September 1996)
- Dialectis On Internet Censorchip Essay, Research Paper In mid March of ... . The American Civil Liberties Union denounced this bill ... ” (B.R.C.). Adding to Senator Exon’s argument, Dr. Jennifer ... vague terminology that is questioned. Censorship opponents are ...
- Censorship On The Internet Essay, Research Paper Censorship on the Internet Censorship is ... also known as the Exon/Coats Communications Decency Act ... things that are of questionable or just plain bad ... see that fundamental civil liberties are as important in ...
- The University Of Oxford Essay, Research Paper The University of Oxford ... 2). In 1214 a charter of liberties, this involves the punishment of ... lives debating and speculating on abstract questions, which had no direct ... had to pass an exam that consisted mainly of ...
- ... Hemingway:a Simple Language Essay, Research Paper Wilson 1 The ... noble and defend liberty of the common ... failed the eye exam and was denied ... ” an exhausting article on bullfighting in Spain. ... interpretations including the largely questioned Christian symbolism. I ...
- Business And Christian Ethics Essay, Research Paper Business and Christian ... to pass an exam or to spend ... , and all other questions about how people act ... the name of economic liberty. Today, such reasoning ... trustworthiness. System trust, on the other hand, is ...