Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
1984 Essay, Research Paper
Government and Power
Shortly before the birth of Christ, a group of people emerged to form a power that would be the authority of their empire. These people were the Romans. The Romans were probably the first group of people who had an
organized government. Nearly two thousand years later every country in
this world has some form of modern government. Some forms of
government today are the American Democracy, the Monarchy of England
and Communism of Cuba. In the novel 1984 there is one ruler who controls
In most countries today the government is for the people. These
governments are known as democracys. There are several branches of
government within a democracy that hold seperate powers. Branches in a
democracy are Judicial, Executive, and Legislative. Each of these serve
different purposes. Unlike like the government of today, the government in
the novel 1984 by George Orwell resembles a dictatorship instead of a
democracy. Big Brother plays the role of a dictator and his world is dark
and corrupt. People. Order is carried out by the Thought Police, who
moniter the people. The Thought Police makes sure people aren?t thinking
thoughts that oppose Big Brother. In today?s world Police make sure people
dont break laws. As citizens of a country people have rights. In 1984
people do not have rights.
In a government there are laws. Laws serve to protect people and
they also control people?s actions. The laws in 1984 do not protect the
people but do control their actions. The Thought Police carry out the laws in
1984. For example a person cannot think thoughts that are against Big
Brother. If someone does this they will be taken in custody. Opposite to
1984, a person in the United States has rights that allow them freedom of
expression and belief. Also it allows them to have fair and equal treatment
before the law. In 1984 the people do not possess any of these rights and
are constantly being watched over by the government.
In conclusion the government in 1984 and the government of today?s
times are very different. There are many factors that make them very
diverse from each other. The laws are inequal. Democratic government are
made for the people. The dictatorship government of 1984 is against the
people not for the people.
- 1984 Essay, Research Paper Jean-Marie Lauria Professor ... now loves the establishment and the government. He is set free ... of Oceania looking for government violations, and criminal acts. An example ... the manipulation of the government is, and the results it has ...
- 1984 Essay, Research Paper 1984 is about life in a world ... , Winston now loves the establishment and the government. He is set free ... and rehabilitator. O’Brien and the party can’t tolerate Winston’s betrayal of the government ...
- 1984 Essay, Research Paper 1984, by George Orwell (Pen ... ) and 1984 (1949), which are both attacking types of government, these ... the establishment and the government. He is set free and lives a ... a very sinister and corrupt form of government and that it should ...
- 1984 Essay, Research Paper 1984 The title of the book is 1984 by George Orwell. George ... is a very sinister and corrupt form of government and that it should be ... sinister like a dictatorship and totalitarianism. Those governments are again very controlling ...
- 1984 Essay, Research Paper 1.) List the title and author of the work you read? 1984 written by ... loves the establishment and the government. He is set free and lives a rather ... is a very sinister and corrupt form of government and that it should be ...