Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
For this piece of coursework on The Sexton’s Hero,
I’ll be acting as the sexton (John) and I’ll be writing a funeral speech at
Gilbert’s funeral, who was the sexton’s hero for saving John’s life.Welcome my Christian brothers and sisters, we are
joined here today to pay our regrettable respects of the tragic death of my
family hero Gilbert Dawson.?As you
people from Lindal know, that I’m not actually the right person to give a
speech on Gilbert right now, as I wasn’t actually very fond of Gilbert, due to
him fancying my wife, Letty.Unfortunately everyone underestimated Gilbert.? He was a young bright and well-educated man,
who was full of surprises.He saved Letty’s and my life, risking his own life,
resulting him to die, and I thought it would have been a great shame if I never
gave this speech, even though I know that some of you might even hate me for
doing so, as you thought he was coward.?
But Gilbert was everything apart from a coward.? It was a great shame that no one saw this.No one really understood Gilbert, they never knew
what he was experiencing.? He was a
victim and we all treated him like an outcaste, and we are the culprits.The dreadful night that I wish were only a dream was
the worst and saddest day of my life.?
On the way back from my sister’s wedding, Letty and I got trapped in
quick sand with the water level rising up to our hips.? Letty and I was so scared, we thought we
wouldn’t see our daughter again making her an orphan.? Letty and I started praying for some help, minutes later we saw a
big dark horse with Gilbert Dawson on it coming towards us.? Gilbert helped us to escape by giving us his
big strong horse.? Gilbert and I then
put Letty on the horse leaving one more space on the saddle.? Gilbert then said "quick! You must ride
before her, and keep her up.? The horse
can swim.? By god’s mercy I will
follow.? At any rate, you are a husband
and a father.? No one cares for
me."? It was the most dramatic
thing I had ever heard Gilbert say.? Two days later we found Gilbert’s body in the sea
and the knife I left him on the other side of the channel.? I simply feel devastated and ashamed of myself.
Gilbert is worthy of huge respect, from myself and
from all of you.? Gilbert was not afraid
of death, something that we are all afraid of.?
I don’t think anyone will ever forget him, I certainly know I won’t.He will always be my hero.May his soul rest in piece.Amen.
- ... . L. Click Yes to restart the system. let the system boot back up. Continue to ... . L. Click Yes to restart the system. Let the system boot back up. Continue to ... . L. Click Yes to restart the system. let the system boot back up. Continue to ...
- ... attack, make sure that the system files (and the registry, for that ... cards, which significantly strengthens the identity checking the system can perform. You may ... He can change the permissions on the machine, modify the system security policies, install ...
- ... the method of operation of the current system, but that would change the system entirely. The ... the evolution of Canada’s Health Care system. Rather that the restructuring necessary for the system ...
- ... system depends upon the value of the information contained within the system. As the ... information becomes more valuable, the ... directly related to the users of the system. Protection from ...
- ... the safety of the system. The irony, of course, is that theoretically the FAA had the ... would harm the system’s effectiveness). Yet in the eyes of controllers, the FAA’s ... the system for quite a few years. The tone was virtually the same. The issues were the ...