Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Abortion-A Womans Choice Essay, Research Paper
Women s Choice-Abortion
Abortion is a very controversial subject. There are many beliefs and exceptions. Many people fail to realize or understand that it is a personal decision. The decision to or not to abort may be more complicated than people might realize. Regardless of the fact of morals, a woman has the right to privacy and her choice to abort. Only the woman has the control over her body and reproductive system. I believe abortion is a woman s choice because I feel that a woman has the right to decide what is right or wrong for her, her body, and her life.
To some people, abortion is wrong no matter how they look at it. But, in some cases, they haven t had personal experiences with abortion. When they ve had to walk in the same shoes, they sometimes change their opinion rather quickly. When a person has a friend or relative who unexpectedly gets pregnant, they are more likely to understand why
abortion, in some cases, is maybe the only thing to do. I used to be against it until my cousin, Jennie, had an abortion. She was only eighteen years old with one child and was going through a difficult divorce. Her husband often beat her and told her if she ever left, he d kill her. She finally did leave, but she also found out that she was pregnant. She knew she was in no shape to raise another child and realized that she didn t need anything else to tie her to her husband. I understood her reasons, and I agreed that it was for the best.
Also, in cases of rape, sometimes the women have found out that they are pregnant; abortion is probably the first thing that comes to mind. Especially, in this case, I believe the woman has the right to her choice of an abortion. I would think that having to go
through the emotional pain of being a victim of rape would be punishing enough without having to raise the child of a rapist. There could be some resentment towards the child; therefore, it might not be a safe and healthy environment. I think that would cause more problems than good. She might not be able to love the child unconditionally, or the same as she would a child conceived under normal circumstances.
Granted the woman might have taken precautions to avoid pregnancy, and she still may have ended up pregnant. She may not be ready for children, financially or emotionally. If a woman cannot support or provide a good and stable home for a child, abortion could be a possible answer. It would not be good for the child to grow up unwanted, underprivileged, or in poverty. She might want children in the future, but now is a bad time. It maybe a bad time because she s still in school and wants to finish before starting a family, or she has a time consuming career and is not ready to be a full time mother in addition to her work. She may be unmarried or going through a divorce or just not ready to make any lifetime commitments at this point in her life.
I feel that women do have the right to choose. I think that if a woman feels she cannot make a good home for the child, whether or not to abort should be her decision. Whatever the reason or circumstance, what a woman does in her life is her business. Abortion is an issue of women, and so it should be the woman s right to choose. She has the free will to consider other peoples views and opinions such as that of the father, but it is her ultimate decision. Abortion deals with a woman s private life; however, it should not be used as a means of birth control, but if it is unwanted, it is better to be aborted than to be abused or neglected.
- The Aboriton Controversy Essay, Research Paper The ...
- AbortionIntroduction>From 1973 to 1987, over 22 million abortions have been performed. Pro-lifers would call that a terrible waste of human life. True, 22 million lives were taken, but I believe that we are better off without those. Please let me explain ...
- Abortion-A Pro-Choice View Essay, Research Paper Abortion is one of the most controversial and talked about topics of our time. It is discussed in classrooms, work places and even on the Internet. Abortion is defined as the termination of pregnancy after, ...
- Abortion In Roman times, abortion and the destruction of unwanted children was permissible, but as out civilization has aged, it seems that such acts were no longer acceptable by rational human beings, so that in 1948, Canada along with most other nations ...
- ... Cobain papers = Psychology 41G Report Aberdeen, Washington, a small town ... days, the streets of Aberdeen, Washington are looking like ... around between 4 schools in Aberdeen and Montesano. While still ... , or under the North Aberdeen Bridge. Wendy, then dropped ...