Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Ancient Civilizations Essay, Research Paper
What makes us civilized? Could it be the many ancient cultures before us? We
have learned everything we know from our ancestors, from the architecture we use
to make our buildings to the way we speak and interact with one another. I am
going to attempt to learn the many ways that us as human beings have evolved
from the ancient cultures of Islam, Greece, and Assyria.
The Islamic culture is located mainly in the middleast. The ancient Islamic
people consisted of Arabs which were skilled horsemen and were considered fierce
fighters this is mostly because it was believed that death in the defense of
Islam would bring immediate paradise to that person. These people were very
intelligent they studied various topics such as mathematics, philosophy, and
different forms of science.
The Islamic religion is very controversial with the Christianity they believe
in monotheism and there main god is Allah. They believe this LA KAHA ILL ALLIAH;
MUHAMMAD RESUL ALAH which means no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet.
Muhammad was born in 570 and was believed a messenger for Allah. Muhammad
acknowledged Jesus, Moses, and Abraham but did not know them as spiritual
In 1400 B.C. Assyria was ruled by imperial power. The king was believed to
have all authority and his prime duty was to protect the land and expand the
empire. There were many palaces central to culture and there were large and
ornamental impressions mostly statues. These statues were very large and they
were placed grounding entrances and doorways this was to show their very strong
The Assyrian people were ruthless people who crush those who did not follow
the king. We know that they were very strong in military power and war because
there are ancient documents of successful military campaigns. By 650 B.C this
great civilization was in decline mostly financial there were also many
struggles for the throne. Then war broke out and from 625 B.C. to 612 B.C. a
violent war was taking place but in the end the Babylonians and the Medes
destroyed their cities.
The ancient Greeks were known most for their unique religion they believed in
polytheism which means believed in many gods. They did not believe in one
creator of everything, these people believe that there is a god for everything
and that these gods live forever. The were three leaders the god of the sea
Poseidon, the god of the underworld Hades, and the leader of the gods Zeus.
Zeus lived at Mount Olympus this site was the home of the gods all gods lived
here with an exception of Poseidon and Hades. The point of the Greeks having
these gods was to explain the unexplainable. They created myths for why the sun
comes up and sets, it is believed that the god of the sun Apollo pulls the sun
up in the morning on his chariot and pulls it away the same way.
Greek arcetechture has influenced everyone even me and you just think of how
many columns that we have here in America on our courthouses and other
government buildings. There are three types of columns Doric which has a capital
with no volute and has no base. Ionic it has a volute on the capital it looks as
like a scroll and has a base then the last type Corinthian has a volute that is
beautifully shaped on its capital and also has a base.
In conclusion I think that we have learned every thing we know from the
ancient civilizations of yesterday. Now what has been left in ruins are empires
bigger than most of what there is now. If these civilizations didn?t take
place. Would we have religion? Would we have distinct forms of arcetecture? In a
sense people learn from people no one makes up anything its just a modified
version of the past.
- Ancient Civilization Essay, Research Paper Describe Paleolithic and Neolithic cultures ... humans to civilization. Discuss the causes of ancient civilization. Civilizations evolved in ... organization and engineering. Early civilizations were very complex. In ...
- Ancient Civilizations Essay, Research Paper Essay Question #1: Discuss the relationship ... and Hebrew ancient civilizations. This is demonstrated by the way each group viewed ... their gods in three different ancient civilizations: Sumerian, Egyptian and Hebrew. ...
- Ancient Egyptian Essay, Research Paper Ancient Egyptian Egyptian creation ... as king was to civilize his subjects. This included ... custom of marriage. Having civilized Egypt, Osiris decided to ... HIEROGLYPHS: THE WRITING OF ANCIENT EGYPT. New York: Macmillan ...
- Ancient Egypt Essay, Research Paper Ancient Egypt The giant pyramids, temples, and tombs of ancient ... years ago. This mighty civilization crumbled before conquering armies after ... Massachusetts. In later years, ancient Egypt usually controlled neighboring ...
- Ancient Egypt Essay, Research Paper Ancient Egypt was even ancient to the ancient Egyptians themselves. It was as ... witness to immortality of any civilization known on the planet earth ...