Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Briar Rose Essay, Research Paper
In a nutshell: Briar Rose is the story of the Holocaust intertwined with the fairy tale of Sleeping Beauty.
The story begins with the death of the “Gemma,” the grandmother of Becca. Through out Becca?s life
Gemma told the story of Sleeping Beauty many times to her. Now, however, after making a promise to her
grandmother, to find her past, the once insignificant fairy tale might be a clue to her actual past.
Before her grandmother’s death Becca had vowed to fulfill her grandmothers promise, which was
to rediscover her origin. After the grandmother’s death, Becca became intrigued in what she had found in a
box Gemma left behind. In the box there were only vague clues about Gemma?s past. Drawn to the mystery
of her grandmothers past, Becca continued to search for clues.
After finding out what could be a lead to Gemma?s past, Becca decides to go to Poland were
everything began. Once in Poland Becca tries to solve the mystery. When Becca goes to Joseph Potocki, a
once close friend of Gemma, this is all answered There in Joseph Potocki’s house Becca finds the shocking
conclusion to her grandmother’s past. Gemma’s fairy tales were not all so make believe in the end.
The story Joseph told was shocking. Gemma’s past was darker than Becca thought. As Joseph told
his story, Becca began to realize not only the significance of the story; but also what Gemma actually went
through. The story explained Joseph?s and Gemma?s escape from the Holocaust. Joseph goes on to explain
how he had saved Gemma by bringing her back to life, the escape from the concentration camps, and
finally, freedom. After finding the truth Becca returns home content, knowing she has fulfilled her vow.
What’s so special: The book has a rich and intriguing story line. It uses the fairy tale of Sleeping Beauty
intertwined with the Holocaust to make an all most life like story, that keeps you reading for more. The
book is set-up with two stories, both being told side by side, with one exception: Becca’s retelling of
Joseph’s story. One story retells certain memories Becca had with her grandmother, and the second story is
about what is presently going on in Becca’s life.
Should I care: This is certainly one book to look into. Using two stories intertwined, the book is intriguing
and makes you read for more. It’s one book you won’t want to put down until you’re done.
- Briar Rose Essay, Research Paper “Briar Rose” is the classic fairytale of ... insomniac laying awake at night in “Briar Rose” Consider a girl who keeps slipping ... stuck in a time machine. Even frogs were zombies. Only a bunch of briar rose ...
- Rice Essay, Research Paper “…Finally, because South Carolina ... . (Boyer, pg.96) The Carolinas was originally granted in the ... that settled in the Southern cities. (Boyer, 92) Rice thriving only ... the “golden period” in rice production in the South was between ...
- Boer War Essay, Research Paper boer war Books related to boer war It took the mighty ... war was summarized in a report made in january 1902 by Boer General J.C. Smuts ... been perpetrated against the White race in South Africa.” Winston Churchill The ...
- Barrier Erosion Essay, Research Paper The Erosion of Long Island’s Barrier Beaches The barrier beaches, which line ... water areas along the shoreline. In this paper I will discuss wave activity ... the sand and help give rise to new plants. The vigorous ...
- Rich Essay, Research Paper Imaginative Transformation Adrienne Rich writes, For a poem to ... it anyway they like. In Rich s case, she writes ... . The screen in line one is a barrier separating her dreams ... after she is gone. In Rich s writing structure she contains ...