Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The skeletal system is one of the main parts of our bodies. Without our skeletal systems, we wouldn?t be able to move, stand, or live! Our skeletal system is one of the most important parts of our bodies
There are 206 bones in the adult body, while there are a little over 300 in a baby. There are also different parts of our skeletal systems. The 2 different parts are the axial skeleton and the appendicular skeleton. The axial skeleton is the skull and neck. The appendicular skeleton is everything from the clavicle to the phalanges. All the parts and all the bones is your body helps you to move.
There are different kinds of bones in your body. First, there are the long bones (femur). Second, there are the short bones. An example of a short bone is your wrist. Third, there are the flat bones. An example of the flat bones is your ribs.
There are also different joints in our bodies. There is the skull, head & neck, shoulder, and elbow. The skull is an immovable joint. The heard and neck are a pivot joint. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint. Lastly, the elbow is a hinge joint.
There are accidents that can happen to the skeletal system. The fracture of a bone is when there is a break in the bone. When someone?s bone-end is pushed out of the joint, it is called dislocation. If someone has a sprain, it means there was a sudden and violent stretching of a joint. Many people also suffer from arthritis. This is the swelling in the joints caused by the breakdown of bones connective tissue. Osteomyelitis is also something that can happen to your skeletal system. This is when the bone is infected by a germ. The last thing that could happen to you is osteoporosis. This is when the bones don?t have enough calcium for the bones to stay strong and flexible.
There are different ways to take care of your skeletal systems. You should always have good posture. You should sit and stand up straight. This will help protect you from straining yourself. You should also have a good diet. Fatty foods are not good for you. If you have too much fat, it can affect your walking and break your bone.
Obviously, the bones and joints are a very important part of your body. The skeletal system is one of the main parts of your body, so you should be careful and care for yourself.
- The Kalapalo Indians Essay, Research Paper The Kalapalo Indians The Kalapalo Indians of Central Brazil ... social structures. This source has been helpful in my research because explains the formal ...
- The European Union Essay, Research Paper The EU: A balance of sovereignty and centralization The European Union faces ... , and actually been sustained by the wider structure of the EUnion. In the EUnion, sovereignty ...
- ... Industry Essay, Research Paper The Telecommunications Industry There are many changes that occurred in the ... must be present to keep the structure of the industry. Lastly, there are ... to be the beginning of an era. There have been thousands of ...
- The Shang Dynasty Essay, Research Paper The Shang Dynasty The Shang dynasty, also know as ... important find was the find of the wall. This was a structure of a wall ... these have been found in tombs of the period. The culture of the Shang ...
- THE SHAKESPEAREAN AGE Essay, Research Paper THE SHAKESPEAREAN AGE The Elizabethan era varied greatly from the world ... large towns, the selection would have been small and the charge would ... (trease 114-117) CLASS STRUCTURE The Elizabethan social world was based ...