Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Market Analysis: Uniform Co. Essay, Research Paper
Analysis of breaking into the high school uniform business
Uniform Co. has operated in this district for the past ten years established itself only within the blue-collar market. Uniform Co.’s uniform producing machines are operating at fifty percent capacity and we have a surplus of employees. To achieve optimum profits the company must ether layoff part of its staff or expand its business into other markets. Uniform Co. has a good reputation of treating its employees well and should continue to do so by expanding into the High school uniform Business.
The market for the school uniform business is growing at a record pace (King 3). Public schools are introducing uniforms into the school environment, and Parochial schools are expanding (Allen 2). Yet these school students have to rely on getting the supplies from out of town retailers. Now is the greatest opportunity to open into the school uniform market. Expansion into this market now is an especially good idea due to the resent development of the ‘National Goals Program ‘ in the U.S.A. (pic 1). Among the policies of the reform is the mandatory use of school uniforms (pic 1). Young adults all have the desire and need to fit in with the norm, and the norm today is to be fashionable. Everyone likes to look great and clothing plays a large part in achieving this goal. What of those children who come from families that lack the financial resources to keep their children in the latest expensive styles? Children from less fortunate families may envy other children’s clothing, resulting in dire consequences as pointed out by Keith A. King “children have been violently injured or even murdered for their designer clothes, sneakers, or professional sport team paraphernalia”. Knowing the dangers involved one should question, why invite violence upon ones self for a sense of someone else’s sense of style or identity? For the aforementioned occurrences school uniforms are the only answer.
Uniform Co.’s Expansion Program
Scope Of The Study
This study investigates the potential market for Uniform Co. to break into the high school uniform industry. The study focuses on high school students parents attitudes toward a school uniform policy, educational institutes willingness to participate in a uniform policy, how this new venture will effect Uniform Co.’s public image, the style and type of uniform that uniform co. should produce to satisfy it’s relevant market and how uniform co should implement a uniform program. The only selling area that is considered in this report is the Toronto area as uniform co is a small company that only supplies its wares to businesses within this city. Cost of materials to produce a new style of uniform is not included as it is assumed that Uniform Co. would use it’s existing stock to produce the product.
Sources And Methods
Current reports and studies taken from the Internet were consulted for information on school uniform policies and peoples perceptions towards them. In addition, a questionnaire survey was sent out to residents of the Toronto area. The questionnaire was directed to parents with children within the Toronto high school system, students in the high school system, a retired high school teacher, and collage students (Questionnaire is located in the appendix). In total, a group of 11 people were surveyed. The eleven people that were surveyed cover all areas that Uniform Co. must consider in marketing the new product. The chart below shows the teacher, student, and parent, ratio that participated in the survey.
Results Of Study
The results of the survey clearly show that uniforms have become an accepted and wanted commodity within Uniform Co.’s distribution area. The data from the survey shows that over 80% of the respondents feel that uniforms are necessary in the school system. Yet almost 90 % of people surveyed don’t attend a school that endorses a dress code. Over 60% of respondents work at jobs where there is a uniform policy.
These three findings from the first set of questions gives an interesting message that sounds like this:
? The majority of people are used to wearing uniforms.
? The majority of people want their children to wear uniforms and desire school uniforms.
? They need a uniform supplier!
The fourth question of the survey asks the replier to rate in order of importance the use of uniforms in four different fields, education, service industry, construction, and government positions. Not surprisingly the survey implied that over 70% of replier felt the service industry was the most important area. Since Uniform Co. already devotes 100% of is time producing service industry uniforms the company it is time to expand into anther facet of the industry. Of secondary importance were government positions with over 40% of replier indicating it was extremely important. Over 60% felt that a uniform in the education system was of importance. The Chart below demonstrates the results of the findings:
Six of the replier felt that they would sent their children to a school with a uniform policy, while 4 stated they would indorse a policy if it arose at a school and only one would absolutely not put their children into a school with a dress code in effect. This data clearly shows that High school uniforms are a respected addition to any school. The majority of the people surveyed replied that school uniforms can be moderately expensive but they must be durable. Uniform Co.’s products are produced from quality materials, are durable and they are competitively priced. All of the people surveyed live near schools that indorse a uniform policy.
Question #9 on the survey ask the replier to rate the following colours on the basis of how scholarly they are.
The chart below shows the data collected and shows us a pattern of what colours Uniform Co. would be wise to design into their line of school uniforms.
The research shows that the colour green and gold would be popular colours for Uniform Co. to incorporate into a line of school uniforms.
Based on the findings Uniform Co. high school uniform survey the following conclusions are drawn:
? A majority of people surveyed in the area of Uniform Co.’s production plant feel High School uniforms are a positive thing.
? The colour and style of the uniforms desired can be produced by Uniform Co.’s production plant.
? People surveyed are willing to pay a price for the school uniforms that could produce a profit for Uniform Co..
? An increase of profit could save jobs at Uniform Co.
? Increased profit with the aid of Uniform Co.’s expert sales department the company could expand its customer base.
? Potentially make Children’s high school Career a safer one which in turn looks good for the company.
UNIFORM CO. HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM SURVEY
Uniform Co. is recently implementing an expansion of its company into the high school market. Please take a few minutes to fill out this short questionnaire. The data gathered from this survey will ultimately allow us to service your communities uniform needs to our greatest potential.
1. Do you feel that school uniforms are necessary in the education system today?
› Yes › No
2. Do you presently belong to a school system that has a uniform policy?
› Yes › No
3. Do you work at a job that supports a uniform policy?
› Yes › No
4. Rate the following in degrees of importance as to how you feel a uniform applies.
Extremely Important Some What Important Unimportant Very Unimportant
5. Check one of the following, which you feel best, describes the look of a student in a uniform.
› Financially Secure.
› One with good study habits.
6. If you have children would you:
› Sent them to a school with a uniform policy.
› Indorse a uniform policy at your school.
› Absolutely not put them in a school with a uniform policy.
7. Do you feel that the price of school uniforms should be:
› Moderately expensive but durable.
8. Are there presently any schools in the area with a uniform policy?
› Yes › No
9. Please rate the colors on the chart as to how scholarly they are.
Blue Green Gold Red
Some what scholarly
Not very Scholarly
Not Scholarly at all
10. If you have children how many do you presently have.
- ... Fitch Essay, Research Paper Integrated Marketing Communication and Web Analysis of ... youthful and fashion-conscious market. Abercrombie maintains this ... .com ? Abercrombie & Fitch, Co. 1999 10-K ? Bryant, ... Dead Soldier’s Bloody Uniform, Death Row Views ...
- Rap Cenorship Essay, Research Paper *.INHEAD* ... new techniques are market-censorship (dominating the ... , in my analysis of music censorship ... New York: J. B. Lippincott Co. 1967. Steinbauer, Mary Youatt. ... Press Labels to Adopt Uniform Stickering.” Billboard Magazine ...
- ... Host Essay, Research Paper US Court ... evidence of actual confusion; (5) market- ing channels used; (6) ... Motschenbacher v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., 498 F.2d 821, ... the purposes of this analysis, a jury could ... wears a Postal Service uniform. Wendt and Ratzenberger ...
- ... In Cyberspace Essay, Research Paper What regulatory ... trend of the market moving towards computerized ... must implement a regular analysis of transaction systems and ... instantaneous. Consequently a uniform system must be developed ... you knew your co-workers at the ...
- ... In Japan Essay, Research Paper The role ... but rather through market mechanisms. It ... system rather than a uniform one in which a single ... 1976 5.Ishi Hiromitsu., Ch 1-3, The Japanese Tax ... the Developing Countries A Comparative Analysis., Basil Blackwell, 1985 ...