Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Nuclear Proliferation Essay, Research Paper
With regards to Iran?s position on Nuclear Proliferation, it is compared to
the position of Iraq, which is a country that has already signed the Nuclear
Non-Proliferation Treaty but wants Nuclear weapons. Iran is a greedy country
waiting to get the technology to develop its Nuclear program and with recent
development and help by other countries such as China, North Korea, Russia, and
Kazakhstan, it leaves the west worried. CIA director, Robert Gates, testified
that Iran was seeking a Nuclear bomb and could have one by the year 2000 if the
West does not prevent it. (Washington Post; NOV. 17, 1992). Since 1991 Iran has
sought out the buy nuclear reactors to help it learn the technology such as in
1992 when it purchased reactors from former Soviet republics and China Only one
Middle East country owns nuclear weapons and that is Israel, which helps
Iran?s case because that then creates a super power in that area. As said by
Iranian leaders of Iran?s right to possess nuclear weapons and have suggested
that Muslim nations should acquire nuclear weapons to match Israel?s
capabilities. Along with Iran, Iraq is also trying to build a nuclear program
and are even closer than Iran is. Iran has signed the NPT but does not agree
with the contents. The treaty controls the export of nuclear technology to
prevent the spread of atomic weapons. Iran does not follow this since they have
been trying to import information on how to make these weapons. Since Iran is
trying to build a nuclear missile and is looking for information outside the
country, they do not agree with Non-Proliferation. Iran for years has tried to
buy information off of China on how to build a nuclear reactor and just lately
Russia. Ten private Russian companies were allegedly helping Iran with nuclear
technology. Since then the United States learned of Russian and Iranian
cooperation and has imposed sanctions on those companies. Nuclear information
needs to fall under internal matters and the International Atomic Energy Agency
and the United Nations should not try to regulate nuclear proliferation.
Countries that do not have nuclear weapons feel that to protect themselves
against countries that do have weapons so they need to keep on developing ways
to produce the weapons. If any country is a protocol for anti ? proliferation
it would have to be the United States. Many times they have stopped Iran from
buying and receiving nuclear information and materials from other countries.
Other anti ? proliferation countries should see what the US has done with Iran
and do the same. No the IAEA should not be strengthened. Non ?proliferation
countries should take control of the countries that are still evolved with
proliferation.. For example the United States has stopped Iran like in November
of 1992 when the US discovered Iran was on the verge of getting nuclear
equipment by China and Argentina and in 1994 when Iran attempted to buy 1320
pounds of enriched uranium from Kazakhstan. The United States has successfully
stopped many countries and other anti ? proliferation can do the same. The
committee can strengthen the UN?s efforts by providing new ways of stopping
countries that are providing nuclear information and those receiving it. If
there was a way to protect countries against other nuclear countries in their
region then it would ease proliferation. That way countries will not feel
unprotected if they do not have nuclear weapons.
- Nuke Proliferation Essay, Research Paper USA:1 Russia:0 “I cannot but think . . . ... examining the main topics concerned with nuclear proliferation in the Soviet Republics, I based ... economic state in regards to the selling of nuclear weapons and stockpiles ...
- ... Nuclear Testing Essay, Research Paper India’s first attempt at research into the nuclear ... offer access to nuclear technology with the understanding that ... 1968, when the nuclear proliferation Treaty was completed they ... apparently made in regards to the threat ...
- Biological Warfare Essay, Research Paper Most of the ... kilometer with conventional weapons, $800 with nuclear weapons, $600 with nerve- ... the world. One concern regards chemical weapons alone. The ... Conference has reduced the proliferation of chemical weapons and, ...
- ... The Atomic Bomb Essay, Research Paper Introduction The development ... Warsaw Treaty Organization with the Eastern-controlled ... Scientists, Cooperative Research Program on Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament ... for the antinuclear movement…regarded as a two ...
- Free Trade With China Essay, Research Paper ChinaChina is a Communist Republic government. ... or signing since 1992: the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), Comprehensive Test ... , allowing the island that Beijing regards as a renegade province to defend ...