Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Huffing Essay, Research Paper
What is huffing?
The intentional breathing of gas or vapors with the purpose of reaching a high.
What does huffing do to the brain?
Changes the electrical activity of the brain. On a elecroencephalograpghy, (or EEG) the brain will show up as sharp impulses.
What toxic effects and the risks that occur with this practice on the body.
The brain: changes the electrical activity within the brain, possibly resulting in hallucinations and convulsions. Also the center of emotional behavior, is adversely affected during and after exposure to inhalants. Many inhalants are thought to dissolve the protective mylein sheath that surrounds neurons-brain cells- resulting in cell death.
Cerebral Cortex: cellular death here causes permanent personality changes, memory impairment, hallucinations and learning disabilities.
Cerebellum: This is the center that controls balance and coordination. Inhalant-related damage results in loss of coordination and slurred speech. Chronic abusers experience tremors and uncontrollable shaking.
Ophthalmic Nerve: Toluene may affect this nerve causing sight disorders.
The Blood: Some substances like nitrites and mthylene chloride (paint thinner) chemically block the oxygen carring capacity of the blood.
The Heart: Abuse of inhalants can result in sudden sniffing death syndrome . This is due to a sudden and unexpected disturbance of the heart s rhythm. All inhalants can produce sudden sniffing death syndrome.
The Lungs: Repeates use of spray paint as an inhalant can cause damage.
The Liver: Halogenated compounds like trichloroethylene ( a component of aerosol paints and correction fluid) have been linked to damage of this organ.
The Kidneys: Inhalants containing toluene impair the kidney s ability to control the amount of acid in the blood. This is reversible when toluene leaves the body but, in the long-term, kidney stones may develop.
Muscle: Chronic inhalant abuse can lead to muscle wasting. Reduced muscle tone and strength.
Bone Marrow: Benzene, a component of gasoline, has been shown to cause leukemia.
- Inhalants Essay, Research Paper The use of inhalants is a growing problem among teenagers ... It s uses like huffing that cause these items to ... Statistics show that young, white males have the highest ... that these addictions start with household items. By becoming ...
- The Three Little Pigs Essay, Research Paper The Three Little Pigs ... the wolf tries huffing and puffing but with no success. ... Hollywood and LA area. Each pig is of a different social ... provide listeners with a familiar story with a new slant that is interesting, ...
- Hurt Me Essay, Research Paper I think part of the problem is that I was ... during that transition. Well, what with that show-off sprint ... I huffed through the turn still in third place, though. What I ... a kind of jarring impact with each step. When that happens, ...
- Aerosol Spray Can Essay, Research Paper Spray cans produce an ... a few. The can is filled with the product to be sprayed ... fine mist, a propellant is used which mixes with the product. The ... agers-to a practice called ‘huffing’, inhaling chemicals found in aerosol ...
- ... gasses from aerosol cans or huffing , to get high (Hayes ... years (Policy.com,2). All research is pointing towards the same ... to nearly a half million each month (Hayes, 1). Inhalants ... in hot clubs without replenishing lost body fluids (What is Ecstasy?, 1). ...