Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Maggie Obituary Essay, Research Paper
Margaret Johnson, only daughter of Mary Murphy: found dead in the East River at age 23
Margaret Johnson, also called Maggie, was a successful seamstress and the only daughter of Mary Murphy died on November 19 in the East River where she was spotted floating atop the freezing cold water.
The cause of death seems to be suicide due to a longing case of depression but there are still tests being done on the body. Because of the poverty Maggie was born into she did not have the chance to learn how to swim which leads to the thought of her getting hypothermia once she either jumped or got pushed in the river.
Maggie was said to be a very intelligent young lady who was always very popular around the men. She was also said to be very dependent and that was clearly seen when she ran away from home and went straight to a guy friend of hers whose name will not be released. As soon as they realized their differences she quickly ran back home to her mother who then rejected her, claiming that she was the ?devil.?
Earlier in her short, prosperous life Maggie had to deal with the death of both her baby brother and her father, the one close family member that protected her in tough times that she often encountered.
Margaret Johnson is survived by a brother Jimmie Johnson and her mother Mary Murphy.
maggie: girl of the streets by stephen crane
- ... the city hate Jimmie and Maggie?s family, the Johnson?s, because ... and saying nothing. Basically, Maggie goes around and does her ... a lot more immature than Maggie is. Maggie may be a quiet person ... good relationship with her. When Maggie starts going out with Pete ...
- ... is the environment that Maggie and Jimmie struggle with ... hope of Maggie sadly goes unfulfilled. Maggie is introduced into ... an acquaintance of Jimmie, became Maggie’s infatuation. They meet when ... position in life. Unfortunately, Maggie’s hopes and dreams wither ...
- ... Another main character in Maggie displays the trait of ... During the lowest point in Maggie life, she becomes a prostitute. ... avoid her. Both Jimmie and Maggie’s mother, Mrs. Johnson, ... Crane 42). Jimmie and Maggie’s mother accuse Maggie of being an awful ...
- ... which characterize this idea. Maggie, author Stephen Crane’s main ... He cannot understand how Maggie could possibly remain innocent ... of her imagined experiences. Maggie actually becomes experienced but ... . Crane’s story ends with Maggie’s death and her family’s ...
- ... Paper The characters of Maggie and Will progress very ... both as individuals and collectively. Maggie s character doesn t particularly change ... let Will marry Eda. Maggie s overall character has immediate ... with kissing practice. Overall Maggie and Will are the ...