Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Sudiata Essay On Theme, Essay, Research Paper
The main theme of this story was the importance of tradition and
family. There were also what I considered to be sub themes in each
In “the First Kings of Mali” chapter who you came from was a strong
theme . In this chapter it is explained who Sundiata comes from. In this
chapter you read about the Mali in the beginning and how it was a
province of the Bambara kings (Mandingo), to Lahilatol Kalabi the first
black prince to make the pilgrimage to Mecca, followed by many kings like
Maghan Kon Fatta who was the father of Sundiata.
The Buffalo Woman theme was in my opinion primarily about being
foretelling the destiny of Maghan Kon Fatta and Sogolon Kedjou. In this
chapter a visitor to Maghan Kon Fatta village foretold the events that were
The Lion child , Childhood, and The Lion’s awakening was basically
about the roots of Sundiata beginnings.
The Exile theme was about survival. In this chapter Sogolon made the
choice of leaving Mali.
The following chapters in my opinion were about the right of justice or
the right of Sundiata to be the king of Mali. The rest of these chapter told
about the wars wage by Sundiata to gain his homeland and the length at
which he went.
Sundiata: the main character. He was the “hero of many names”
(Sundiata, Sogolon Djata, Nare Maghan Djata, son of Nare Maghan, Sogo
Sogo Simbon Salaba) He was the exiled prince who from great hardship
regained his homeland and his rightful title as king or Mansa.
Maghan Kon Fatta : father of Sundiata
Sogolon Kedjou: mother of Sundiata
Soumaoro Kanta: the sorcerer king of Sosso who conquered Mali.
Sassouma Berete: Maghan Kon Fatta first wife. She was the catalyst of
Manding Bory: half-brother
Balla Fasseke: Sundiata’s griot
Sogolon Kolonkan : sister of Sundiata
Sogolon Djamarou : sister of Sundiata
The style or form of this story is written in as the writer describes “archaic
formulas”1 . The story’s form was one of many descriptive paragraphs to explain
the event being told. Many times in the story hymns or songs describe the
happening many of which did not rhyme as poem or songs often do. The language
of the characters was written in slang or a mixer of English and the N’Ko2.
Symbolism in the book was frequent for example when Soumaoro Kanta sorcerer
power halted. Upon reaching Soumaoro abode Sundiata had seen the fetishes of
Soumaoro power dying which symbolize the absence of Soumaoro’s power.3
Sudiata An Epic of Old Mali by D.T. Niane
- Essay On Stalin Essay, Research Paper The twentieth century has seen ... transportation ran on time or even early. It was said that you could ... others in this time period, Germany was in a sad state of affairs ...
- Essay On Mystery Essay, Research Paper Essay on Mystery The classic mystery story ... celebrated styles, I will use the sheet I was thankfully given by Ms ... killer all at the same time. What a guy! She had no ...
- Dbq Essay On Farmers Essay, Research Paper The complaints of Native Americans, ... Reconstruc- tion, federal laws shielded southern blacks from local and state discriminatory ... citizens. In the South, it would take time for white southerners to ...
- Personal Essay On Hamlet Essay, Research Paper Personal Essay on Hamlet I remember my fourth grade ... the bars, or stay home and concentrate on the massive amounts of ... paper that answers a question is better than a five page paper that goes on and on ...
- An Essay On Unprettisms Essay, Research Paper “Thrown, in this way, into ... the child, “Get out,” she said, her voice quiet. “You nasty ... come from our families. Only then, will it continue throughout our ... for a future, then uprettisms must stop for each one of us ...