Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
William Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper
Born on April 23, 1564 in Stratford-Upon-Avon, England. His father John
Shakespeare and his mother Mary Arden. W.S. was able to attend grammer school
and learned Greek and Latin classics (this is comparable to college education
today). At age 14 his father lost the family fortune and remained poor until
At 18 he married Anne Hathaway in 1582. She was 26 years old. They had three
children Suzanne(1583) and the twins Hamnet and Judith(1585).
In his mid-twenties he left Stratford(supposedly because of poaching on the
Queen’s land) for London. His first job with Richard Burbage’s men was as an
osler; next an actor.
No one knows what he was doing during 1585-1592.
By 1592 he had become known in London as an actor and playwright; his rise was
Queen Elizabeth 1 supported the arts and the theater.
In 1592 a plague closed the theaters(Shakespeare wrote poetry during this time
to support himself). In 1593 a brief reopening of the theater happened. In 1594
The troupe became the Lord Chamberlain’s Men set up on a servant co-op structure.
Requirements for actors:
1. loud voice 2. sing and play instruments 3. good swordsman 4. good memories
During this time he wrote many comedies: Comedy of Errors first of any status.
Histories were written in support of the gov’t. This is where they were
receiving much of the financial support so they wanted to keep the gov’t (Queen)
happy. W.S. was a major stockholder in the theater.
1597-bought New Place in Stratford(2nd largest house)
1599-Lord Chamberlain’s Men bought land and built the Globe Theater in
Southwark(South Bank of the Thames River). W.S. owned 1/10th
1603-Queen Elizabeth died. King James took reign of England. He loved the
arts more than the queen. The name was changed from Lord Chamberlain’s Men to
the King’s Men.
1608-Added to the Globe Theater by buying the Black Friars Theater and giving
performances there also. W.S. owned 1/7th
1613-Fire at the Globe during a performance of Henry 8th; rebuilt within a year.
Left comedies and histories to write tragedies soon after the Globe reopened.
Sonnets-published in 1610 but circulated earlier.
First Tragedy: The Tragedy of Hamlet
Late plays: Cymbeleneand and Winter’s Tale became bitter, ironic, and sad (much
as his mood was changing toward the latter parts of his life.)
The Tempest: last play written as a posible farewell to the theater
He wrote 37 plays throughout his life.
1612-retired as a country gentlemen to New Place in Stratford
1616-wrote his will(by himself)
1616-April 23,1616 – died on the day and the month he was born
1623 – first folio was done by two of the men who admired him from his company
at the Globe.
- William Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare William Shakespeare was born in the Hole ... of gloves, and Mary Arden Shakespeare. William?s parents were married around 1558 ... the great literature attributes to Shakespeare, citing his schooling as ...
- William Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare The English dramatist and poet William Shakespeare was ... its greatest author, William Shakespeare, have achieved worldwide ... and psychological insight. Shakespeare’s modern reputation, however ...
- William Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper This paper shall discuss those facts that qualify, William Shakespeare, as a major contribution to ... situation. In 1582, William Shakespeare married Anne Hathaway. Shakespeare and Hathaway have been ...
- Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare Shakespeare, William (1564-1616), was an English ... about the age of 7 young William Shakespeare attended the Stratford grammar school ...
- Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare William Shakespeare was a great English ... important local governmental positions. William Shakespeare’s mother was Mary Arden ... devoted thirty pages to William Shakespeare. Shakespeare’s plays are usually ...