Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
“I think, therefore I am,” a quote by Descartes, an enlightenment mathematician
and developer of analytic geometry. Other mathematicians include Galileo
Galilei, and Newton, the founder of gravity. Galileo was a grand mathematician
I believe with his theories on the solar system that proved Copernicus’s
theories igniting a revolution in astronomy. Galileo also came up with his
wonderful Inertia theory. Newton was the man who came to the concept of gravity.
Isaac Newton also came to know of universal gravitation. This theory is a good
one and I agree with it to every last end. Newton was also the man who
conceived calculus- a form of mathematics. Newton was the best physicist of the
Politics are something that seem to be very interesting to me. Locke and Hobbes
interest me in their political philosophies of a social contract between the
people and the government. This interests me because I believe that the people
should have a big role in the governing authority. Locke interested me not only
in his social contract but also his Ideas of natural law and natural rights.
These rights are different from Hobbes’ in that they deal with an actual
person’s rights to life, liberty and property. Other political views such as a
separation of powers, as Montesquieu proposed, seem corrupt in that they
separate the government, which subsequently and inadvertently leads to the break
down of government unity leading to utter chaos in my mind.
The sciences in they enlightenment took bounding steps. Anatomy was improved
ten fold by Vesalius and Harvey which was a consequence of a Catholic breakdown
that allowed the human body to be dissected. Hooke discovered the cell in
plants and Boyle and Priestly made giant leaps in chemistry, which was formerly
just alchemy. Along with chemistry came air and the discovery of the elements
in it. This was a particularly great discovery by Lavoiser and others because
it is what we breathe.
In astronomy, a controversial subject, as due to the church, astronomers made
very good progress as long as they kept it to themselves. Copernicus original
came to the theory that the sun was the center of the universe and that the
planets revolved around it. Other astronomers built on this theory such as
Kepler and Galileo.
All in all, the Enlightenment was a great period for my time as an intellectual
and it will serve the future wonderfully. The discoveries in mathematics,
astronomy, politics and other areas will live on for long perods of time.
- The Enlightenment Essay, Research Paper Main Themes: The Enlightenment 1. The Enlightenment had its origins in the scientific and intellectual revolutions of ...
- The Enlightenment Essay, Research Paper The Age of Enlightenment saw many great changes in ... change from the ways of the past and embodied the spirit of the Enlightenment. As ... , and the monarchial system of Absolutism, the spirit of the Enlightenment was one ...
- The Enlightenment Essay, Research Paper The Enlightenment The enlightenment is a continuation of modernity and ... makes us human. During the enlightenment, Frederick III was the ruler. He was ... a change in society in the long run. The use of reason could ...
- Candide And The Enlightenment Essay, Research Paper Many of the ideals of “The Enlightenment” can be read and seen ... supported the Enlightenment. Pangloss was the main person whose ideas challenged those of the Enlightenment. The ...
- ... The Enlightenment Essay, Research Paper Many men and women had significant impacts on the historical ... period known as the Enlightenment. Three men ... on the Enlightenment were Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, and Montesquieu. Each of ...