Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Political America 1820 Essay, Research Paper
William Seward was the front runner when the Republicans met in
Chicago in May of 1860, but Lincoln quickly pulled ahead and won
the nomination on the third ballot. The Republican platform opposed
slavery in the territories but upheld the right of slavery in the
South. It also opposed the Dredd-Scott decision. The Democrats
nominated Stephen Douglas and the Southern-Democrats who called
themselves National Democrats nominated John Breckinridge.
In addition, John Bell was nominated by the Constitutional Union
The Republicans were united behind Lincoln, while the opposition was
divided by regions. Most of the campaign was implemented by the party
organizations, with the candidates taking a very small active part.
Only Stephen Douglas campaigned actively throughout the country.
- US Government Essay, Research Paper William Jefferson Clinton William Jefferson Clinton ... became active in Democratic politics, supporting Harry S. ... Virginia James Monroe 1820 1821-1825 Republican ... 302. United States of America, Penguin Books Incorporated, 1989 ...
- The Civil War Essay, Research Paper CIVIL WAR ... Economic prosperity resulted in political domination by planters. ... the blacks. From 1820s onwards, slavery was ... Charles Sumner and William Seward were the main ... magnitude it brought America following the first ...
- Immigration Essay, Research Paper Kalapodas 8 Dec. ... the assassination of President William McKinley in 1901. ... primarily three different regions. 1820-1860, Great Britain, ... immigrants find distinctive about America? 1607-1830 Political Freedom Religious ...
- Romantic Period Essay, Research Paper Romanticism (literature), a ... United States, and Latin America that lasted from about ... 1800), by English poets William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor ... (1820); like many other romanticists, he was persecuted for political ...
- Dred Scott Decision Essay, Research Paper Dred Scott During ... Northerners and Southerners America in 1857 America in 1857 was ... the Missouri Compromise of 1820, had returned. As ... dummy in this interesting political game.” Senator William Pitt Fessenden, a ...