Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Overthrow Of A Corrupted Government In Orwell’s “Animal Farm” Essay, Research Paper
In the novel, Animal Farm the characters, portrayed as animals show the deterioration of moral rules that relate to human activities.
George Orwell demonstrates the forcible overthrow of a corrupted government. The animals agree on a rebellion with the humans,
expelling Mr. Jones from the farm. The farm changes and their rules are being broken to fit the needs of the pigs. Also, the new
government on Animal Farm corrupts and changes the lives of all the characters.
Furthermore, the animals wanted to be free and support each other. Old Major, a respected boar, taught the animals to reach
for freedom and to hate mankind: “It is summed up in a single word-Man. Man is the only real enemy we have. Remove Man from the
scene, and the root cause of hunger and overwork is abolished forever.” (4) With this new strength, the animals have a rebellion with the
humans and won. They start a new life on animal farm with rules to live by listed as the seven commandments. Although, their life began
changing before their eyes, the animals did not see the power of the pigs.
Napoleon and the rest of the pigs labelled themselves the highest authority. The rest of the animals listened, and followed their
Napoleon was now never spoken of simply as ‘Napoleon’. He was always referred to in formal style as ‘our Leader,
Comrade Napoleon’, and the pigs liked to invent for him such titles as Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheepfold,
Ducklings’ friend, and the like. (62)
Although the animals did not see it, Napoleon was responsible for the irregular alteration of the farm from its original state. Napoleon
dictated to the animals to fit his needs. Therefore, the actions of the animals, become slave-like.
Also, the seven commandments change dramatically and the theme of ‘Four legs good, two legs bad’, changed to Four legs
good, two legs better! The pigs now were walking on two legs, dressed in human clothing, and associated with people: “It did not seem
strange when Napoleon was seen strolling in the farmhouse garden with a pipe in his mouth-no, not even when the pigs took Mr. Jone’s
clothes out of the wardrobes and put them on.” (90) The rest of the animals still did the labour, and the dirty work on the farm. The farm
was changing from animal judgement to human engagement.
The sudden change of the commandment “all animals are equal”, to “some animals are more equal than others”, change the
overall perspective of the animals new freedom. The animals rebellion start out as the controlled government of the pigs. In favour of the
new system the pigs conduct unjustness activity. In general, Orwell showed the overthrow of a corrupted government conveying a moral
through a fable.
- ... elections were held in 1945. What made the overthrow of Ubico’’s regime such ... more cooperative government in Guatemala, even if it meant the forced upheaval of a ... corrupting forces of international Communism. This justification was a political illusion; the ...
- ... Louis overthrew his mother?s court and took political control of France in ... minister, Richelieu recognized the need for change in the governing of French affairs. He ... perceived corruption through a strategic placement of allies who displayed more “merit” in ...
- ... , corruption and Army massacres of peasants had brought the Monarchy to the verge of collapse ... strategies. In Conclusion the overthrow of the Monarchy was a good idea. Not having this governing system ...
- ... being supplied by the Soviet block. In addition, after the overthrow of the government in Guatemala, Castro was ... help the people and end corruption, no longer receiving help from the Soviet ...
- ... other things, in the overthrow of the Bourbon monarchy in France and in the establishment of the First Republic. It ... 2. Thereafter, the radical faction in control of the government of Paris played a decisive role in the conduct of the Revolution ...