Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Giver Essay, Research Paper
In this book, the Giver, an old man gives all the memories of
a world such as ours to a boy named Jonah. In this world there is no
color, love, or twins, and the babies and children are bred by
special people who have the job of birthmother. They then are adopted
away. Everybody in the town has a special but awkward job. The giver
tells Jonah of a place such as our normal world.
After Jonah learns of the world before, he becomes anxious to
escape and discover if their is a color outside world in which there
is love, and normal families. The more visions that Jonah receives,
the more painful they become. He also begins to become more and more
anxious about discovering what is beyond his dull and controlled
town. He also soon begins to have strange dreams of bathing one of
his “girl” friends naked, in a bathtub. His parents then tell them to
take certain pills to prevent these dreams, he does not because of
his anxiety to find out what else there is in the world.
The giver later tells Jonah how Jonah’s and his own dinner,
breakfast, and everything else that they do is monitored and
controlled. The Giver later gives Jonah his consent to escape their
town to go search for a normal and happier wolrd. Jonah kidnaps his
baby brother who’s twin gets killed by Jonah’s dad. Him and the baby
escape out the town into a normal world at the end of the book. The
rest of the book, is about the visions that Jonah has, and explains
how the “Giver,” is the keeper of memories from the village from
hundreds of years ago.
The ending of the book is somewhat uncertain, since you dont
know if Jonah makes it out of a desert into a new, better world, or
if the whole thing is a mirage, to Jonah.
- The Giver Essay, Research Paper Albert Giorgio July 14, 1999 Title: The Giver Author: Lois Lowry Setting: The setting ... of this story is in a community ...
- The Giver Essay, Research Paper The Giver a Critique by: The purpose of this book was to show us a ... characters in this book the main one being Jonas. Jonas is a child in this ... were the main characters in this story. The theme of this book was the idea ...
- The Giver Essay, Research Paper Solution Description: How to install another video card (includes disabling the ... on-board video)? PCV 70 90 Solution: This solution ... your system. 10. Follow the instructions in the accompanying text file to ...
- THE GIVER Essay, Research Paper *P**B*Title*/B**BR*The postman always rings ... kill the Greek, the wanted to kill him in the bathroom but failed. The Greek ... kill the Greek, and spent the rest of their lives together. This time ...
- Guevara Essay, Research Paper Guevara, Che Guevara, Che, real name Ernesto Guevara (1928-1967), ... the interjection che.) The overthrow of the Arbenz regime in 1954 in a coup supported by the ... leftist governments. This conviction became the cornerstone of his ...