Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Cultural Comparison: Law And Order Essay, Research Paper
Cultural Comparison Essay
Law and Order
In the United States police are suppose to be honorable and fair. We all know not all of them are. In Malaysia, according to Daphne Chan, you can bribe the police to let you off. “All you have to do is ask ‘do you want to settle this now?’” she said. In Pakistan, on the other hand, they don’t even have minor violations like speeding and seat belt laws. Mohammad Haider said, “You can usually get off even if you are drinking and driving.” This may sound pretty lenient compared to the United States where you can get in more trouble for trying to bribe an officer, if he isn’t crooked, and lose you license for six months for drinking and driving.
In Malaysia the police will stop every car on Friday and Saturday nights just to check to be sure you are legal and not drinking and driving. They have speed traps but like I said before you can usually bribe your way out of a fine. If you get caught dealing drugs you may get executed. Abortion is illegal but is still done. Daphne said that Malaysia is a lot like the U.S. when it comes to crime.
In Pakistan there is no speed limit, or seat belt law. It is easy to get a driver’s license as long as you are 18. Mohammad also said you may get beat up for being a bad driver by other motorists. If you hit someone when you are drunk you may get away with it. If you don’t get away with it you will spend a little time in jail. There are some executions in Pakistan, but you are more likely to spend life in prison. Abortion is illegal, like Malaysia. Guns are legal to have for hunting and if you are in the Army but it is illegal to carry your guns around for no reason.
For most minor crimes you will be let go, but the police will take action if you commit a major crime in Pakistan. The crime rate in Pakistan is a little higher than the United States. Every once in a while there will be a riot and if you go into this part of town you will, more that likely, be killed. The rich usually have contacts and can get away with anything. That is like the U.S. The rich and famous can get caught with drugs and just go to the Betty Ford clinic instead of prison. There is no drinking age, but you have to be at least eighteen to get into the bars.
In the United States we have strict laws compared to Pakistan, but our crime rate is a little lower than theirs. Unlike Pakistan and Malaysia, it is against eh law to try to bribe a police officer and it is illegal for him to accept it. I am not saying it isn’t done, but it isn’t right. For most minor crimes you will receive a fine in the U.S. The speed limit is seldom enforced to exactly fifty-five miles an hour. You can usually get away with going sixty. You must be sixteen to drive and twenty-one to drink in the United States. The states get to set most of their own laws, like some states have executions and others don’t. Gun control is a big topic now. At this time you have to have a permit for handguns and get a background check to purchase any gun. You must be twenty-one to buy a handgun and ammunition for that handgun, but only eighteen to buy a shotgun or ammunition for that gun. Abortion is legal in the U.S.
Here in the U.S. There is corruption in our police forces and the rich and famous can usually get way out of anything by just going a clinic for help or higher a high priced lawyer that can get them off on some technicality. So there are many similarities between Pakistan and the U.S. Pakistan is a little more relaxed with their minor crimes, but their crime rate is a little higher than here in the U.S. That helps prove strict laws do lower crime rate.
- Corruption Comparison, Mexico And Colombia Essay, Research Paper Latin America ... is amazing. In Mexican culture narcotics have a different role ... officials and police and military officers whose low salaries ... in order to protect the stability and good ...
- Comparison Of Accouting Princi Essay, Research Paper I. OVERVIEW Today ... Law, and the Corporate Income Tax Law. Even though each law ... For example, in order for an acquisition to ... education level, and culture. Financial reporting and disclosure are affected ...
- ... And Empathy Essay, Research Paper Correlation Between Masculinity and ... and upset by other’s misfortunes. In contrast, a low ... of five higher-order clusters: Analytical ... , and specialists. For example, a comparison of ... . The cultural background and gender of ...
- ... : Biography And Writings Essay, Research Paper Chaim ... and art. His father and teachers of the Talmud, a compilation of Jewish law ... of Jewish life and culture (Contemporary Literary, ... (Cabala) in order to try to ... and a comparison is drawn between him and ...
- ... that denies any respect for law and order and actively engages in the promotion ... self-interest, and typically on a “contractual” basis, such as employment.”Culture” is ... this essay to clarify the specific nature of this erroneous comparison. This ...