Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Pride And Prejudice- Theme Essay, Research Paper
Essay on Pride and Prejudice: Theme
In this novel, the title describes the underlying theme to the book.
Pride and prejudice were both influences on the characters and their
relationships. Darcy alienated himself from the others at first because of
his intense pride. His prejudice against the Bennet’s because of their
poverty was also something that he would have to overcome. For Elizabeth,
her prejudice against Darcy came from his snobbery. It caused her to not
see his feelings for her and to believe whatever Wickman said.
Darcy’s fierce pride often alienated him from others. For example, he
acted so snobby and superior at the first ball with the Bennet’s that they
were all turned off by him. His eventual love, Elizabeth, was disgusted at
his behavior and formed a prejudice against him. Even after he fell in love
with her and proposed to Elizabeth, he completely debased her family.
Darcy realized eventually that he was going to have to change. He tried to
look at his behavior and analyze why he acted as he did. In the end, he
fought his intense pride so that he and Elizabeth could be happy together.
Prejudice was also an issue for Darcy in that he disliked Elizabeth in
the beginning because of her low social status, poverty, and socially inept
family. Darcy was forced to deal with his prejudice when he fell in love
with Elizabeth. This was not easy for him to do but it was necessary. His
snobbery was countered by his love for Elizabeth. In the end, he overcame
his pride and gave in to his feelings by marrying her in spite of her and
her family’s shortcomings.
Elizabeth had her own issues with prejudice with which to deal.
Darcy’s cold arrogance and snobbery prejudiced her from him from the
beginning and it took Elizabeth a lot longer time to overcome her
prejudices than it did Darcy. This was because Elizabeth was a very caring
person and did not like the things that Darcy had said about her and her
family. When given the chance, Elizabeth loved to hear about how awful
Darcy was, such as when she met Wickman, who was eager to slander
Darcy. However, Elizabeth gradually came around and began to fall in love
with Darcy, but it was difficult for her to overcome the prejudices that had
been imposed on her by both herself and Darcy.
This novel’s theme was tied up in the title of the book, Pride and
Prejudice. The pride that Darcy felt and his initial prejudice against all of
the Bennet family was eventually overwhelmed by his love for Elizabeth.
For Elizabeth, she needed to overcome her prejudices about Darcy and see
through his snobbery. In the end, all the pride and prejudice was dealt
with and Darcy and Elizabeth were left in love.
- Pride And Prejudice 12 Essay, Research Paper The novel, Pride and Prejudice, is a story about the romantic ... support the running theme and title of the novel, Pride and Prejudice. Pride in not always ...
- Pride And Prejudice: Summary Essay, Research Paper Pride and Prejudice: Summary Mark Hines Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice is a complex novel that relates ... here then that the two main themes of he work, pride and prejudice, are ...
- Pride And Prejudice: Irony Essay, Research Paper Pride and Prejudice: Irony “It is a truth universally ... and how they completely change their minds with the passage of time ... for its gentle mockery. At a time when women had no political ...
- Pride And Prejudice 10 Essay, Research Paper In Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen the entire ... novel is designed around a running theme: pride and prejudice ...
- Pride And Prejudice 5 Essay, Research Paper Question 1: Pride and Prejudice Chapter 19 concerns Mr ... knowing her for less than a week and Mr Collins’s complete confidence ... a proper young Englishwoman and their attributes then Elizabeth does. He professes ...