Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Haiku Poetry Essay, Research Paper
Can’t write poetry
I bang my head on the wall
Hey, this is easy
I could do this all day long
My new fav-o-rite
Happened this Evening
A young crippled deer
Sees me but isn’t afraid
I watch in wonder
We’re going on a trip to the next dimension
Sitting and waiting now for it to happen
Five of us speak in anticipation
Forty-five minutes later we stand up and laugh
At the ceiling, at each other, at nothing
Jason thinks he is shorter by half
We run around the room and rediscover the world
Two-year-olds in our twenties, happy and free
Our minds flying, the wings finally unfurled
One sees the colors, one feels everything, one dazed
Two play together like children loving life
We see clearly now, wiped away the haze
Calmer now, we talk of things silly and profound
We enjoy each other and love each other
Five friends, togetherness the only sound
Still gone now, but close enough to sleep if we try
Conversation has died out, too tired to talk
Each of us retreats into his own mind
Songs of Nothing
Sing a song of nothing,
and you shall know no fear.
Sing a song of meaning,
and there’ll be none to hear.
Only when the light of day
has darkened into night,
and the mindless masses
need another’s might
will the cries and pleas of old
and warnings of today
have an ear to fall upon-
but it will be too late.
So sing your songs of nothing
and worry not for me.
Save your worry for yourselves
when comes your time of need.
The Sons and Daughters
The sons and daughters of the movers and shakers
the ones who changed amerika
and became what they hated most
The sons and daughters were taught to love amerika
enough to hate it
enough to change it
by the ones who became America in all its corporate glory
The sons and daughters were fed dreams of a just existance
in a new amerika
by the parents who went to work to bring them
the latest toys
the most expensive clothes
The sons and daughters are grown up now
and without direction
knowing only that dreams are always shattered
a kind face is a hypocritical face
“those who know” are more lost than anyone
The sons and daughters of the hippies
raised on shattered dreams by hypocrites
are too afraid to care
too smart to try
and were raised too well to admit it
Her pretty White Dress
She sits alone in her pretty white dress
She’s still afraid
She wonders why?
No one is around; she shouldn’t be afraid
But she can’t help wondering?
What will happen when they come?
How will she screw this up?
Will they still make fun of her?
Will she still not be good enough for them?
Still too fat
She sits alone in her pretty white dress and chuckles
They don’t know how unstable she really is
They made her unstable by never being satisfied
And putting her down when she failed to please
The razor sliced through her skin easily, only a slight sting
And as she was taken away, the paramedic couldn’t help commenting
On how it was such a shame
That she had gone and ruined such a pretty white dress
Praise for the Night
Only in the light of day can I see my true self
The night is a mask
A security blanket
Covering the pain
In the night I am the person I created
The person I am comfortable with
The person who is comfortable
In the light I am the person they created
Through the pain
The night sets me free
- The Ages Of Poetry Essay, Research Paper The English Romantic poets of ... of the peak, "a huge peak, black and huge / as if with voluntary ... , but also to hold high respect for its beauty and ... century. Its not that nature hasn’t changed, but the attitudes toward ...
- Huck Finn Notes Essay, Research Paper NOTES ON HUCKLEBERRY FINN CHAPTER 1 Huck Finn reminds ... some day even though he hasn’t been around for over a ... hair-ball to discover Huck’s fortune. Huck’s fears of his ... at poetry about dead people are also rated high by ...
- Alfred Housman Essay, Research Paper Alfred Edward Housman, a classical scholar and ... volumes of poetry. In all of his poetry, Housman continually returns ... Another frequent theme in Housman?s poetry is the attitude that ... hear the larks so high About us in the ...
- Dada Essay, Research Paper In the second ... costume, chanted his sound poetry. Richard Huelsenbeck punctuated the ... typography, sound and visual poetry, simultaneity, the presentation and ... Johannes Baader, Hugo Ball, George Grosz, Raoul Hausmann, John Heartfield, ...
- The Poetry Of A. E. Housman Essay, Research Paper Housman was born in ... shows clearly in his poetry. Housman believed that people were ... he states In heaven-high musings and many Far ... The best known collection of Housman’s poetry is A Shropshire Lad, published ...