Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Turner’s Syndrome Essay, Research Paper
Turner?s Syndrome is a common disease in females that affects many
body systems. It affects about out of 2,000 females. This genetic
disorder is characterized by the lack of sexual development at puberty.
Although the exact cause of Turner?s Syndrome isn?t know, it is believed
that the disorder may result from an error during the division of a
parent?s sex cells known as meiosis.
Turner?s Syndrome is a defiency in the amount of genetic material on the
X-chromosome, one of the two-sex chromosomes. In some cases of
Turner?s Syndrome, one X chromosome is missing from the cells. In other
affected females, both X chromosomes may be present, but one may
have genetic defects. One other case of Turner?s Syndrome, some cells
may have the normal pair of X chromosomes while other cells do not.
An examination of genetic material, usually by a blood sample, can
confirm the diagnosis. This condition may first be recognized in the
newborn baby, in the adolescent or rarely in the adult. Some signs and
symptoms include infertility, a low hairline, webbed neck, and usually
kidney and heart malformations.
There are other problems associated with Turner?s Syndrome such as
learning difficulties, skeletal abnormalities, heart and kidney
abnormalities, infertility, and thyroid dysfunction.
There is a treatment for Turner?s Syndrome. Recent
studies show that much of the growth defiency in people with
Turner?s Syndrome can be restored by injections of human
- ... abnormalities. The Turner Syndrome (known as Ullrich-Turner Syndrome in Germany ... chromosomes. However, in those with Turner’s Syndrome, one X chromosome is ... X, Monosomy X, Morgagni-Turner-Albright Syndrome, Ovarian Dwarfism, Turner Type, among others ...
- ... no reason why a woman with Turner s Syndrome should not lead a full ... get good medical care regularly. Turner s Syndrome Bibliography: Biology Today. Harcourt ... s Interactive Encyclopedia: 1996 Edition. “The Turner’s Syndrome Society of the United ...
- ... , and individualism. I disagree with Turner?s thesis and feel that the ... many things to show that Turner?s thesis was off beam. ... final example that showed how Turner?s thesis was erroneous was the ... 1900. Some may feel that Turner?s thesis is valid, while I ...
- ... Spanish originally encountered the Tarahumara throughout Chihuahua upon arrival ... many areas where Tarahumara Indians lived became desirable ... canyons. Today, the Tarahumara are Mexico’s second largest ... Traditional clothing for the Tarahumara consists of a white ...
- ... was appointed deputy president. Turner’s early paintings were predominantly ... falls into three periods. Turner’s first period (1800-1820 ... . During this period Turner also produced numerous engravings ... shadows. During this period Turner also executed a number ...