Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Religion 2 Essay, Research Paper
What is Religion?
From the moment you take your first breath, you are besieged with strange sensory data pouring into your newborn self. You immediately begin to discriminate this data to find meaning in what would otherwise be a meaningless world. Sadly, we are not born enlightened, but born into what appears to be complete confusion. We are born unknowing of our origin, of why we are alive, of who we are and where we are going. We may have many questions about life and the world, and are confronted with many ways to sort it all out, one being through the enlightenment of religion.
Why are there so many religions? Can there be so many gods? One might think there isn’t one truth, or any one religion. It would seem it is up to each one of us, individually, to find the truth in a religion we seek for ourselves. There are many religious dogmas all claiming to be the one and only truth. Yet, in order not to offend anyone, society shuns any public display of religious beliefs. The result is a society that seems heartless and transparent, and a world that seems cold and lonely, filled with people hungry for truth in a religion. Most people never seek the enlightenment of a religion for themselves instead they blindly follow what they believe to be enlightened leaders or enlightened scriptures. Organized religion can be very helpful by fostering a sense of community among its believers. Unfortunately, it can also create conflict between different groups of believers. Organized religion can enlighten people by inspiring kindness and charitableness, and by providing a strong positive moral benefit for its followers.
We all have our own idea of religion. Most people do not even understand what they themselves believe within their own religion. If everyone has their own religion or their own idea of God then why are there certain religions with billions of members all seemingly in agreement? Probably because they are all in the common search for truths and themselves. Knowing God through the enlightenment of religion brings great joy, peace, liberty, gladness, contentment, rebirth, and the promise of everlasting life.
What if there was no religion? If there is no religion then anything goes and nothing really matters. If that is the case, then what is the point of living if you know that you, your memories, your experiences, your loves, your hates, your thoughts and all of your knowledge doesn t mean anything? Without religion and God, life seems to be quite vicious, pointless and desperate. In fact, life would seem hopeless. Religion fulfills our lives by initiating moral, traditions and a sense of belonging that all of us search for.
To never decide if you believe in a religion or not, is to live your life in neutral. Unresolved decisions and believing in contradictory thoughts are sources of discontent, which upset our lives, especially in our weakest moments when sometimes all we have left is what we believe in. By opening our hearts and our minds to religion, we better understand our origin, of why we are alive, of who we are and where we are going.
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it
If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
He sends you flowers every spring.
He sends you a sunrise every morning.
He re-assures us with rainbows after the storms have passed.
Whenever you want to talk, He listens.
He is joyous to see you completely satisfied with what He gives you.
He can live anywhere in the universe, yet He chooses your heart.
- ... 3 Essay, Research Paper What is the meaning of society? It s a simple word but with a very ... society, such as morality and religion were the basis of social ... to only war and religion. For the new era ... -Simon also believed that religion would be the main force ...
- Emmanuel Kant Essay, Research Paper What Is Enlightenment? Immanuel Kant Enlightenment is man’s release from his self ... , there is at least nothing in them contradictory to inner religion. For ...
- Capital Punishment Essay, Research Paper What is capital punishment? Capital punishment is the maximum penalty of a ... , for example guarantees freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and ... on it. Religion, race, cost, and morals, but it is still used ...
- Cloning Debate Essay, Research Paper What is a Clone? A clone is a group of genetically identical ... to only use his research in ways that can ... we have to ask ourselves, what is a human? Would a clone ... replied with, If you want a country run by religion move to ...
- Reductive Psychology Essay, Research Paper What is reductive psychology? I took the subway ... close to beasts) professed as a religion. Humanity suddenly emerged from the ... have been worthless. But, what is free agency without responsibility on our acts ...