Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The wheat gene, Norin 10, for example, helped developing countries like India and
Pakistan increase their wheat harvests by 60 percent. At the Wheat Research Center in Mexico
City that conducted some of this research on Norin 10, there is an inscription on the wall when
you enter the building that reads, “A single gene has saved one hundred million
lives.” From 10 million tons to 70 million tons in four years. Norin 10 dwarfs wheat.
?Norin 10,? a cultivar from Japan, provided two very important genes, Rht1 and Rht2, that resulted in the reduced height (or dwarf) wheats. Better nutrient uptake and tillerage, not to mention rocky and less irrigated
American farmers grew seventy million acres of bioengineered crops last year, the bulk of which comprised corn modified to resist devastating fungus and Roundup Ready soybeans modified to resist a common herbicide
All online sources
- NATO?s Actions In Kosovo Essay, Research Paper NATO?s Actions in Kosovo Contravened International Law On ... of us were brought up with the norm that ‘I am responsible for ... Albanian refugee in Macedonia and Albania already got about 10 times more ...
- Stereotyping In Ivanhoe Essay, Research Paper Stereotyping in Ivanhoe Since ... of existence before the Norman conquest. The seating ... tapestry or embroidery, executed with brilliant, or rather gaudy ... June, 1820): 526-40 (10 February 2000). “Dictionary.” Compton’s ...
- ... In Society Essay, Research Paper Gangs are a violent reality that people have to deal with in ... also an crucial factor. A kid (a 6-10 year old, who is not ... violence is the norm this will manifest itself in the actions of ...
- Roe V. Wade Essay, Research Paper January 23, 2000 marked the ... of Abortion In an interview on 8/10/95 with WBAP radio in Dallas, McCorvey ... aborted’" ("World News Tonight," 8/10/95). From Norma McCorvey: "Abortion has been ...
- In Sam We Trust Essay, Research Paper In Sam We Trust ... Kenneth Stone s tips in Competing with the Discount Mass Merchandiser ... against and mass merchandiser. Norman also argues that Wal- ... employment. In my hometown, there are approximately 10 available jobs ...