Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Sartre`s Existentialism Essay, Research Paper
Sartre?s essay on existentialism was relatively an easy reading mostly because
of his frequent use of examples. His ideas on existentialism are in a way backed
up and explained through his examples. Morality and the responsibility of
maintaining morality through free will seem to be the predominant point Sarte
wants us to understand. He explains the reasons through existentialism. There
are basically two types of existentialism: Christian and atheistic. They both
believe that existence precedes essence. Sarte believes in the atheistic
approach and therefore believes in man?s free will. Sarte states that man is
nothing else but what he makes of himself. Man will be what he will have planned
to be not what he will want to be. Man is able to do whatever he wants according
to the free will approach. However, Sarte believes that man is responsible for
far more than just himself. Man?s responsibility encompasses all men. Ideally,
I feel that this is a morally good concept. Suppose before we throw a piece of
garbage out the car window we ask ourselves what it would be like if everybody
threw garbage out the window. Then we decide not to because we would then live
in a huge garbage dump. I?m mostly in agreement with the ideas expressed by
Sarte. Like Ponge said?man is the future of man.? We all should be more
aware of our broader responsibilities, not just our individual ones. If we do
that then this world would be a much better place to live in. Quietism is a
concept I do not agree with. Sarte?s emphasis on action is a good one. I do
believe that nothing ventured is nothing gained.
- Sartre`s Existentialism Essay, Research Paper The word philosophy comes from ... a huge amount of information on Sartre and existentialism from this book. It ... the philosophy of Jean-Paul Sartre, existentialism. He also makes some writings ...
- Existentialism Essay, Research Paper Existentialism, which spread rapidly over continental ... our freedom inauthentic ally.”(3) Sartre believes that man experiences two ... /18775/sartre/pers.htm 4)As above 5)Roberts, David E. “Introduction” Existentialism and ...
- Existentialism Essay, Research Paper Existentialism is a philosophical movement ... of existentialists, Heidegger, and Sartre — are not in agreement ... for life. Camus, Sartre, and Nietzsche were involved ... in a divine creator. Sartre was raised with religion, ...
- Existentialism Essay, Research Paper Over the past thirty years, ... over the masses. Sartre believed that tempering existentialism with some aspects of ... implemented many policies, which follow Sartre s line of thinking, however; Mr ...
- Existentialism Essay, Research Paper Are Caulfield of J.D. Salinger s ... blinding presence of death (Sartre 114). This statement proves ... is death. Jean-Paul Sartre, renowned French author and ... is not the world. (Sartre 110) Existentialist philosophy is firmly ...