Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Bubonic Plague Essay, Research Paper
The disease is called the Bubonic Plague. It is caused by the bacteria
Bacillus. Also now known as the “Bubonic plague”. It is a plague because of
its widespread fatality throughout history. The cause of this disease is the
Yersinia petis bacterium. The Bubonic plague is transmitted from fleas to
humans. You can contract the disease either by being bitten by the oriental
flea, Xenopsylla Cheopis, or be exposed to plague infected tissue.
The “Bubonic Plague” has an incubation period of 2 to 6 days. Within a week the
body?s temperature rises to 104 degrees F. Shortly after they show signs of a
fever other symptoms come about which are delirium, mental disorganization,
shivering, vomiting, headache, giddiness, intolerance to light, and a white
coating on your tongue. The symptoms become worse as the disease spread through
the bloodstream and lymphatic system. The later symptoms, as you begin to
experience the last stages of the disease, are your back starts to hurt and
painful swelling of your lymph nodes. Hard lumps filled with blood and puss
called “boboes”,from which the disease gets it name, form on various parts of
your lymphatic system, such as your neck, inner thigh, groin, and armpits.
This stage is the most painful. Blood vessels break and later the dry blood
turns black underneath your skin.
The treatment for the plague is a vaccine that lasts 6 months. You can use the
preferred vaccine Streptomycin, or gentamicin, teracyclines, or chloramphenicol
are all good substitutes. The treatment must start within 15 hours of the first
symptom of death is inevitable.
Some special characteristics of this disease are you can be any age to contract
it, it is most common is unsanitary condition, or where there are an abundance
of rodents and if untreated death will occur within 3 days. The most amazing
fact about this disease is that it has killed over 75 million people over the
- Bubonic Plague Essay, Research Paper Plague, was a term that was ... bubonic plague, pneumonic plague, and septicemic plague. The best known form is the bubonic plague ... contamination. Affects of the bubonic plague The bubonic plague struck England in 1665. ...
- Bubonic Plague Essay, Research Paper The Black DeathThe Black Death ... forms, the bubonic, pneumonic, and septicemic. Each different form of plague killed people ... a chronic disease among wild rodents. Bubonic plague will continue to inflict humans ...
- Bubonic Plague Essay, Research Paper The Bubonic Plague, or Black Death, had many ... 1348 the Bubonic Plague had worked its way into England. Bubonic plague was caused ... served to make the plague especially terrifying. Bubonic plague is usually fatal, though ...
- Bubonic Plague Essay, Research Paper THE SPREAD OF THE BUBONIC PLAGUE Many have been affected by the plague ... types of plagues: Bubonic, Pneumonic, and septicaemic, with Bubonic being the ... also found that The Bubonic Plague is transmitted by the bite ...
- BUbonic PLague Essay, Research Paper The CIA says it has ...