Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Same Sex Marriage
In order to address this issue, one must first define the concept or meaning of marriage. However, this is a rather subjective approach, because the way we define marriage depends on our own views and interpretations.
To come straight to the point, I believe that there is no difference between same sex and traditional marriages regarding validity or moral implications. One could argue that the bond between man and woman is valid, since biologically they are able to have a child. This would go along with scientific theories such as evolution. Yet, man is not an animal. Mankind has elevated himself to a point where we do not rely on instincts, but use our brains in order to survive.
Love is a phenomenon, which is purely human. Hence, if two individuals of the same sex love each other, why can they not celebrate this love through marriage? Biology should not be an argument against this.
Furthermore, the word “equal” in section 1 of the 14th amendment implies that everyone should have the right to get married no matter what his or her sexual preference. Marriage is the legal and public documentation of the love and trust two people share for each other. This means that anyone should be able to marry whomever he or she wishes.
Obviously this does not correspond with traditional or even some contemporary views of marriage. Yet, is the traditional marriage really so sacred in our society? Today divorce rates are so high, that it is not uncommon to remarry two or three times. Hence, does our society actually have a right to criticize same sex marriages when marriages in general are not taken seriously?
Furthermore, the point that marriages play an important role in reproduction is also debatable. As mentioned above, high divorce rates cannot possibly be a healthy environment for a child to grow up in. Additionally, children will grow up with a lack in family values and continue this trend (high divorce rates) during their adult lives. Moreover, there are so many orphans around the world, that couples should consider adopting as an alternative to having a baby. Therefore, if a gay family would want to make a family out of their marriage adoption could be the answer. I do not believe that a child needs both a mother and father figure in order to grow up right. Two mothers or fathers can bring up a child just fine if they are responsible and love their child.
By all means, a society where newborns are found in dumpsters definitely shows lack of morality and values. Hence, this same society has no right to judge other people’s preferences for sex or family.
- Same Sex Marriage Essay, Research Paper Same-Sex Marriage One day, Tom, a six-year-old from ... issue of gay marriage licensees. Should we allow same-sex marriages? Definitely not ... . We definitely do not need same- sex marriages. Marriage is a sacred bond, not ...
- Same Sex Marriage Essay, Research Paper How do ... financial perk to legalizing same-sex marriages in this country. It ... government. Therefore, if same-sex marriages are allowed, the tax ... Tax Consequences or Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage.? National Tax Journal. ...
- Same Sex Marriages Essay, Research Paper Marriage is understood to be the ... themselves to each other. Marriage has no conditions, which would prohibit same sex partners ... of our society to allow same-sex marriages. Marriage is an institution which promotes ...
- Same Sex Marriage Essay, Research Paper “Oral report, yes or no?” need to start writing the paper ... Public opinion poll…same sex marriage… questions on ... topic: 1. should marriage be between ...
- Sex Marriage Essay, Research Paper Same-sex marriage There are many important issues ... whether of not they recognize same sex marriage(Weekly compilation of Presidential ... non-content-based marriage evasion statute only to same-sex marriages.” (Yale Law ...