Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Saul, John. Comes the Blind Fury . New York: Dell Publishing Co., Inc., 1980. 383 pages.
1. The Pendelton Family arrived at Paradise Point and began moving into their new home. Michelle, their 12 year old daughter, found a doll in her closet and she named it Amanda.
2. Michelle met her neighbor, Jeff Benson, on the beach. They quickly good became friends.
3. Michelle met Sally Carstairs while on a house call with her father. Sally told her about a young boy who died at Michelle?s new house.
4. Michelle showed Sally the doll and she also found out that she gave it the same name as a girl who fell off the bluff a long time ago.
5. Sally and Michelle visited the old graveyard near Michelle?s house. That night, Michelle dreamt there was a young girl in her room
6. June Pendelton, Michelle?s mom, went into labor in the graveyard. Michelle learned that the girl in her dream was the famous ghost of Amanda, a twelve year old girl who fell off the bluff a long time ago.
7. Jenny Pendelton became the newest member of the family. Michelle saw Amanda again.
8. The Pendeltons get situated in their new home.
9. Michelle went to a picnic on the beach with her school friends. Susan teased her about being adopted, while she was running away, she tripped on something and fell off the bluff.
10. Michelle began to hear voices talking to her while recovering from her fall.
11. Michelle stayed in bed with her doll and wouldn?t talk to anyone. All movement is very painful but she insists that “Amanda” is “helping” her.
12. Michelle limped out to the graveyard and she met Amanda there.
13. Michelle finally returned back to school. All the children stared and laughed at her because she is a “gimp”
14. Cal Pendelton, Michelle?s father, is in denial and he wouldn?t admit that she isn?t getting better. He is afraid that it is his fault because he picked Michelle up after her fall.
15. Amanda lead Michelle to her mothers studio. She had her draw pictures and when she held onto Michelle?s arm, she could see things that happened in the past. She drew a picture of two people on a couch, they were Amanda?s mother and another man.
16. On the way home from school, Michelle saw Susan in the graveyard. Susan began to tease Michelle and the suddenly the fog rolled in and Amanda came to help. Susan saw Amanda and ran screaming into the fog.
17. Susan ran straight off the bluff and Mrs. Benson, the next door neighbor, saw everything happen. She didn?t see any fog, and she blamed the whole thing on Michelle.
18. In the middle of the night, Amanda led Michelle out to her mother?s studio and she commanded Michelle to draw another picture. This sketch showed Susan falling off the bluff.
19. Michelle went back to school and everyone ignored her. June Pendelton decided something was very wrong and that she needed to do something about it.
20. Michelle walked home after school and she saw Lisa Hartwick, the daughter of the school counselor. Michelle told Lisa that her only friend is Amanda and Lisa thought Michelle was crazy. Suddenly she got scared and ran away just like Susan Peterson.
21. The Pendelton family attended Susan Peterson?s funeral. June made an appointment with the school psychologist, Tim Hartwick, for the entire family.
22. The family went to visit the psychologist and Michelle told him about Amanda and how it?s always foggy when she is around. After he finished talking to her, Michelle went outside to the playground and she began to play with a little boy named Billy. He tried to balance on a high ledge, and then he began to tease Michelle because she is crippled. Suddenly the fog came in and the laughing was replaced with a scream of terror and when the fog cleared, Billy lay twisted on the ground.
23. Michelle?s father came running when he heard Michelle calling for help, and when he found Billy, he was still breathing. Later the family went to their neighbors home to pick up Jenny. While Michelle is holding her Amanda came and tried to get her to drop the baby, but she didn?t and Amanda got mad.
24. Again Amanda lead Michelle out to her mother?s studio and she sketched a picture of Billy Evans laying crumpled on the ground. Then Amanda told her to go inside and to kill Jenny. June woke up when she heard a muffled cry and found Michelle in the nursery holding a pillow, but Michelle said she didn?t do anything and she went back to bed.
25. Michelle was playing with Annie Whitmore on the playground, and she was pushing her on the swings. She began to tease Michelle about being crippled and then the fog rushed in and Michelle pushed Annie so hard she crashed to the ground and Michelle silently left the playground. Billy Evans died in the hospital.
26. June Pendelton found the painting of the two figures on the couch and then she realizes the setting of the picture is in her studio. When she looked at the red stain on the floor, it began to spread. Sally Carstairs was walking home, and she saw Annie?s crumpled body on the playground and ran for help.
27. Amanda convinced Michelle to push a boulder off the bluff onto Jeff Benson. She did, and people came racing after her. She jumped off the bluff thinking Amanda would catch her, but she fell to her death. After Michelle?s death June burned the doll that she felt had cursed her young daughter.
Epilogue: Jenny Pendelton had her 12th Birthday party at her home. She found a mysterious present in her room. It was an old doll with a black dress and black bonnet. She decided to name her new doll Michelle.
- ... And The Fury Essay, Research Paper Summary of April Seventh, 1928: This section of the book ... her the letter. Mr. Patterson comes running, climbs the fence and takes the letter ... him that he is merely “blind to what is in yourself ...
- Macbeth Act 2:1-4 Essay, Research Paper Summary of Act 2, Scene 1: Past ... . . . . Macbeth, in pretended fury, kills the King’s grooms. . . . Malcolm and ... sinners coming to hell-gate, the scene highlights the hellish ... It will make them blind and turn them to ...
- ... is symbolism in the book. George and Lennie each represent a ... close before writing the book. Summary: Somewhere along the Salinas River ... . The dream now comes closer to the reach. One day Curley’s fury is ... crushes all the bones in it in his blind terror. ...
- ... the poor. The library offers a special service for the blind. The following is the summary of the ... been a subject of scholarly research and discussion. It is claimed ... 7. Give two English variants of each of the following sentences using the pronouns each and ...
- ... Life–by Robert M. Ryley Essay, Research Paper Robert M. Ryley As ... the following August. Fearing’s original plan on coming ... months. In various summaries of his early work ... bed. On a blind date in the summer of 1931 ... to escape from the fury of the pack become ...