Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Crucible Essay, Research Paper
Human psychology and mental processes are different for each people because of their environment and their time. In the play The Crucible by Arthur Miller, there is a psychological manipulation by the Church and other people producing a mass hysteria. Hysteria is considered a mental sickness because of too much stress or pressure, and if it is produced collectivity, an uncontrolled chain of hysteria is released.(Speak about context of novel, environment/time) The mass hysteria of the Girls was produced by manipulations of Abigail and by the rigid religious laws.
Abigail s control over the girls was because she wanted to use them for personal and evil purposes. According to Salem, Abigail, a teen of seventeen years old already had a reputation of being the black sheep of the town because she was accused of Adultery with John Proctor (Describe-Quote). Her character did not show a bit of mercy toward any person of the town she was against everything, even the Church and society. (describe). Abigail character had the ability to dominate the girls minds, she was feared by them, she was considered a leader for this reason. She had a blind obsession for John Proctor, that led her to do the terrible things she did to everyone around her. It could be said that she was mentally sick because all she looked for was revenge because of her rebel and ambitious character (describe). The way she imposed all this fear and hysteria was by her strong character and the threads she made to the other girls to fear her. Personal motivations Get rid of Goody Proctor, she is jealous. Revenge Of those who spoke badly of her. Pain/suffering – early death of parents. CONCLUSION OF PARAGRAPH
Church Power was another reason of the girls hysteria because this entity was very powerful and respected at that time. Shows control over others lives deeply beliefs in orthodoxy (Describe).It showed the profound fear toward the devil, and everything related to it. Everything tat wasn t good (could not be explained), was bad and property of the devil. In 1692, the oppression and hate of orthodoxy toward other movements. Odd processes (trial), and self-government in Salem. Control and power by a hierarchic society. With the Church, characters are clearly shown. CONCLUTIONS AND MORE DESCRIPTION OF PARAGRAPH.
The church ideology and it s rules added to the control, ambition and manipulation of Abigail to accomplish her harmful goals, were the cause of the mass hysteria of the Girls.
- Crucible Essay, Research Paper I agree that Arthur Miller engaged the audience to a large extent, and ... what happens next. In fact, The Crucible is in many ways parallel ... audience, become with the characters and the story line. Human psychology is such that ...
- Mass Hysteria In The Crucible Essay, Research Paper The Psychology of Mass Hysteria In 1692, the people of a ... Arthur Miller writes the play to demonstrate that human nature is actually ... Hale, Miller portrays the central theme that human nature is actually ...
- The Crucible Sails On Essay, Research Paper It may just be an unescapable human trait, or it ... have psychologically evolved less than we actually believe, but the tendency for human ... many other areas of life, the psychological trend of blaming other factors ...
- ... Witch Trials Essay, Research Paper The Salem witchcraft trials ... entertainment are among the psychological explanations which ... The Crucible, uses the Salem witch trials as a metaphor for the obsession, in the U.S. during the ... shop in her home in Salem village ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Technology In Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus, written in the ... the brink of leading the Industrial revolution in Europe. The experiments of Huntsman (crucible ... is emotional and psychological on the part of human beings connected ...