Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Our Changing World.
Our Changing World.
Times are changing, this is an old cliche`. This phrase has never had this dramatic of animpact in our world as it does today. As I watch the children struggle through many of the sameissues I had as a child I see that the mindset and the code of morality I grew up respecting, seemalmost non existent today. In nineteen fifty five, my life began. I was brought up in, what was, a traditional familysetting. My mother and father remained devoted to one another and raised three children. Unliketoday with single parent homes being the norm . When I grew up freedoms were not a necessity that I believed were due me, but a luxurythat I had to earn. When I went out at nights with my friends, my parents new where we wereand if I went anywhere that my parents were not aware of, I new what the consequences wouldbe. Today you can see the kids out at all hours of the night driving from parking lot to parking lotdrinking, drugging and doing what they please.
I knew my boundaries and I was given responsibilities. Today the kids don?t understandwhat reliability is about. Kids today do what they want to do and ignore what they don?t want todo. I also knew if I did not abide by the rules, there was no question of what would happen. Thekids today will defy there parents anytime it is convenient for them to do so. They will say if youpunish me I will call H.R.S. and tell them you are abusing me. The schools will give the kidsphone numbers and tells them to call if there parents hurt them so the parent can be dealt withby childrens services. I feel this is a very serious problem because so many kids do this to geteven with parents. I feel that if the schools would teach respect and not reproach kids mightbehave more respectfully.
( 1 )
As I was growing up if I wanted something like toys ,books or clothes, money was notfreely given, it had to be earned. I would have to mow the grass or take out the trash. In today?sworld the kids think you owe it to them. They feel that if they want it they should get it no matterwhat it costs. I was in a store the other day and a child wanted a toy and her mother said no andthe child threw the biggest tantrum I have ever seen . In the end just to stop the embarrassingscene the mother gave in and bought the toy .This I think reinforces the power which the childholds over the parent, that if I cry long and hard enough I will get what I want.
In times past children were taught respect for their parents, President and their country,we had a strong moral belief in who we were and what our country stood for. We watched in ahas man walked on the moon for the first time, progress was exiting and fresh. Ah lass in thisworld where mass media and video games are the kids mentors and idles. The time has come forparents to take control again, because our children are our future. This can come throughparental education, while the child is in embryo. However , we as adults must take personalresponsibility. Society as a whole can regain control through consistent interaction with in ourchildrens lives.
( 2 )
( 2 )
- Untitled Essay, Research Paper SNI has been sought ... to our customers. Every member of our team, including our CEO, ... further to foreign participation" (CIA World Fact Book, 1999). Language ... recommended because it prevents unwanted changes of the original l/c, ...
- Untitled Essay, Research Paper Essay I Relativism: The Tangible Theory Since ... upon our moral judgment. With all of the people in the world ... morals for that community will change accordingly. That is what Cultural ...
- Untitled Essay, Research Paper Lamarck’s Influence on ... evolution. Some simply take our existence for granted, others ... and rationality of the world. And although flawed, ... would undergo change. Each generation would continue to change because inheritance of ...
- Untitled Essay, Research Paper Rise of the Superpowers (USA & ... great European powers for a change in the world state system meant that ... we are able to manage our domestic affairs successfully, we shall ... win converts to our creed in every land.? It ...
- Untitled Essay, Research Paper GRENDEL & FRANKENSTEIN AN ANALYSIS OF ... to alienate the undesirables of our community. Some of the ... to join. “[The Shaper] changed the world, had torn up its past ... of the monsters even in our society today. Through the ...