Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Packing List- Rave Essay, Research Paper
September 16, 1996
Packing List: Rave
He felt alone.
Staring at the empty spot where his car had been, Tad Stevens noticed shards of broken glass, dried up bubble gum, and trampled rave flyers. Fresh tread marks graced the dull gravel. Compton was not a safe place to be stranded, 300 miles away from home.
Technostate was a huge gathering of partiers, ravers. Tad had come, decked out in a vinyl neon green jacket, baggy jeans, and a black shirt with “Intel Outside” printed on it. Loony Tunes boxers peeked out beneath a yellow plastic belt. The Cat in the Hat would be proud to see his candycane striped socks, covered by Adidas tennis shoes. His hair was matted back with sweat, and his eyes glazed with sleep. Around his neck he wore an obscure necklace of an alien fetus in a test tube.
Tad carried the necessities in his makeshift backpack: a Tricks cereal box. He carried a small bottle of water, Donald Duck Pez container, a green glowstick, and a fifty dollar bill. He carried some earlier purchases of hardcore mixtapes: Ron D. Core and DJ Dan. He also had leftover blowpops that he had been passing around, and a handful of flyers he had received. He carried his driver’s license, now useless since he was lacking a vehicle. He carried a set of keys, with a car alarm remote. What company was he covered by? He would have to call them later.
He had nothing to alleviate his current difficulty. He had some money, but not enough for a cab ride back to San Diego at 5am. He was sure that cabbies didn’t take pez as currency. He felt ill-equip, and mortified that his car alarm hadn’t stopped the theft.
He carried the guilt of sneaking away to attend Technostate. He was living at home, and had told his parents he was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. He would have to face them. He would have to face the insurance agency. He would have to face his dad.
What do you mean your 1965 Thunderbird disappeared?? He felt trapped, helpless, as if the weight of the world was on his shoulders. Responsibility. It comes with freedom. It’s a curse, a deadweight learning excersise.
He had his pez, which he popped into his mouth. He clutched his alien fetus; what a prime opportunity for an abduction! He sat down where his car once purred to a stop.
“Hey man, need a ride?” a friendly voice asked.
- ... Voyage Home Essay, Research Paper The long ... Final preparations included packing a new ribbon for ... historian Andrew Roberts’s review of Morris’s biography ... birthday – last Tuesday – will be the last she ... centre for research into English literature and ...
- ... Tbacco Settlement Essay, Research Paper TEXAS TOBACCO ... 2 INTRODUCTION TO RESEARCH TOPIC PAGE 3 REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE ... Virginia Slims, Alpine, Dunhill, English Ovals, Galaxy, Players, Saratoga ... Enforcement “At least 516 million packs of cigarettes per ...
- Whaling Essay, Research Paper ?Few interests have exerted a more ... Nantucket were drawn to the English fleets to become ship ... ship. It was brought back packed in wet seaweed. ?The ... making of light, strong rope. The most famous of the rope making companies ...
- Sir Francis Drake Essay, Research Paper Sir Francis Drake ... Drake made the first English slaving voyages, bringing African ... the ship from a reef. His route through the ... the little Golden Hinde packed full of spices ... with another ship. It lost its mast and became ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper From any point of view the destruction of the English ... , existed everywhere, from the lowest attendant of the visiting commissioner ... the lead upon the roof and calculated its value ... with sledge-hammers and packing the metal into barrels ...