Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Adam And Eve Essay, Research Paper
A Summary of ?The Diaries of Adam and Eve?
This play takes place in a beautiful, mysterious garden. Two characters make up
this play, Adam and Eve. These two characters are totally unaware of their surroundings,
neither one of them knows who the other one is. They know that it is their job to name
everything they see. The only way they share their feelings is through their diaries. The
play is brought forth through the writings in their diaries. We learn that Eve is very full
of herself. She thinks that she knows everything. She will not even listen to what Adam
has to say. She persist on naming everything in the garden, and eating all of the fruit.
Adam swears she will eat all the fruit, and they will have nothing left to eat. Adam feels
that Eve is a pest. She is like his shadow following him around and bothering him. He
would rather sit by himself and enjoy all the beautiful surroundings without sharing them
without her. Adam is more of the conservative type. He feels that he has no say so with
anything. He says that Eve has to have her way. In the first act, the two characters are
constantly arguing. They disagree because they both think they are right. Adam gets very
aggravated with Eve because she names all the animals and sights in the garden without
asking him. He says she names them because they look like it would be named that. Eve
longs to have the most knowledge of all. She tells Adam they can gain that knowledge
by eating the apple from the forbidden tree. The serpent has informed her of this fact.
Adam warns Eve that she must not eat the apple, or God will punish them. Eve eats the
apple despite Adam?s warning. This ends the first act.
In the second act, the attitude toward each other changes. Adam still blames Eve
for getting kicked out of the garden, but he learns to love her. Eve also learns to love
Adam for all his faults. She learns that even though he is not perfect, she loves him. Eve
has a baby. Adam does not know what this creature can be. He thinks, at first, the
creature is a fish. He does not understand why Eve is taking such good care of a fish. He
disproves this theory and decides that the creature is a bear because it has hair. Now the
creature cries and makes all kinds of noises, and Eve spends all of her time with this
creature. Then the unexpected happens, and another creature appears. Adam cannot
understand where Eve finds these creatures. He has searched all over the forest and has
not found any trace of this creature. Through all of this time, Eve says she loves Adam
despite his ignorance. Time passes on, Adam discoveries that these creatures are babies.
Adam and Eve have many other children together. They are living happily together.
More time passes on, and Eve is the first to die. Adam learns through all of his hardships
that it was better living outside the garden with her than inside the garden without her.
The play ends with Adam visiting Eve?s grave, laying down a red rose.
In my opinion, I wish the characters would have talked to each other more.
Despite the fact that this was a two character play, I think it was pretty good. It gave me
a better understanding of the story of Adam and Eve.
- Paradise Lost-Satan And Eve Essay, Research Paper Since the beginning of Paradise ... law, and her only law. Eve wants to become a God, and hold the power over Adam ... , the angels, and ...
- ... And Humanity Essay, Research Paper Divinity and Humanity A fundamental question that has had philosophers and theologians ... employs his sense of justice and banishes Adam and Eve from the Garden of ... may not lie within our definition of a just and fair God ...
- Christianity And Homosexuality Essay, Research Paper During the last 2,000 ... is that God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. This is why ... saying “If a man also lie with mankind, as he ... ACLU which challenged a Tennessee law prohibiting the teaching of ...
- Chaucer And Milton Essay, Research Paper The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, and Paradise ... has a weak soul with low tolerance for hardships. By ... we see that he depicts Eve as a weaker subordinate human ... image but from part of Adam’s body, she must worship ...
- The Character And Signifigcanc Essay, Research Paper The Character and Signifigcance of Iago George ... probably produced in the autumn of 1605. After this ... will. “Othello. Lie with her! Lie on her!– We say ... Eve to be unable to understand Desdemona’s naive and ...