Литература и русский язык->Рассказ
"Да это, верно, рекрутов провожают", вспомнил я бывший на днях разговор о том, что пятеро назначено из нашей деревни, и пошел по направлению к невол...полностью>>
He returned to Western Eclectic Institute and became a classics professor. Later, he became the president of the College. In 1858, he was married to L...полностью>>
Финансы появились одновременно с появлением государства, при расслоении общества на классы; деление на рабовладельцев и рабов (1-ое крупное разделение...полностью>>
- IN CONTEMPORARY American culture, consuming is as authentic as it gets. Advertisements, getting a bargain, garage sales, and credit cards are firmly entrenched pillars of our way of life. We shop on our lunch hours, patronize outlet malls on vacation, and satisfy our latest desires with a late-night click of the mouse.
- Politics and the media have long been intimately involved with each other, with media strongly setting an agenda in which politics is very important. (Harris 1 ,p.167) “Our perceived reality of the real world is largely a product of the media.” (Harris 1 ,p.
- Political CorrectnessThis is an English exam paper prepared for the EVU2ADM/+K course at Niuernermik Ilinniarfik, Nuuk. The main topic of this paper is the USA, and I have chosen to concentrate on the issue political correctness. My purpose with this paper is, by giving examples, to shed some light on how the use of a certain kind of language can affect the public opinion, and how this – via political correctness – is actually happening in today s America.
- The topic of discussion, which will be the focus of this paper, will center on three major questions. The first is why Socrates believes that he is the only true statesman in Athens. The second is why Callicles believes that he is the true exemplar of statesmanship.
- Many social changes that were addressed in the 1960s are still the issues being confronted today. the ’60s was a decade of social and political upheaval. in spite of all the turmoil, there were some positiveresults: the civil rights revolution, john f.
- Nelson Mandela is one of the great moral and political leaders of our time: an international hero whose lifelong dedication to the fight against racial oppression in South Africa won him the Nobel Peace Prize and the presidency of his country. Since his triumphant release in 1990 from more than a quarter-century of imprisonment, Mandela has been at the center of the most compelling and inspiring political drama in the world.
- Dred Scott v. Sanford, which Abraham Lincoln called “an astonisher in legal history” remains to this day the most famous of all American judicial decisions. It was a landmark in the history of judicial review because it was the Supreme Court’s first invalidation of a major federal law.
- Political and social struggles causes many religious uprising. Even though Religious Reformations are major breakthroughs in the Catholic Church, its premises remained strictly as a political event. Protestantism was a technique used by noble princes as well as emperors to break away from the control of the Catholic Church and also a reason to gain dominancy over other nations.
- Throughout most of history women generally have had fewer legal rights and career opportunities than men. Wifehood and motherhood were regarded as women’s most significant professions. In the 20th century, however, women in most nations won the right to vote and increased their educational and job opportunities.
- The twentieth century has seen many leaders come and go, but few have had the impact that Hitler and Stalin had. These two men, along with Mao of China, helped shaped the world as it is today. Hitler was one of the greatest motivators of his time. His uplifting speeches and fierce rhetoric rallied a desperate people in Germany.
- The word politics comes from the Greek word “polis”, meaning the state or community as a whole. The concept of the “polis” was an ideal state and came from the writings of great political thinkers such as Plato and Aristotle.
- Report: Politically correct is such an innocent term. How can anyone be against something so friendly, something that is supposed to encourage harmony and peace between all people? My answer is Ha! Although I do agree that kindness, respect, and courtesy in our everyday life are to be promoted, it seems to me that they lose much of their meaning if they are oppressively forced upon us by political correctness.
- There have been people from many different countries, nations, and religions who have decided to migrate from other places to the United States throughout history. But perhaps none have come in more mass than the Chinese. With declining economic and political conditions at home, many literally saw coming to the United States as a “golden” opportunity.
- For the presidential election of 1856, the Democrats nominated James Buchanan and John Breckenridge, the newly formed Republican party nominated John Fremont and William Drayton, the American [or Know-Nothing] party nominated former president Millard Fillmore and Andrew Donelson, and the Abolition Party nominated Gerrit Smith and Samuel McFarland.
- The media is intended to be a honest and intelligent source of information. Recently, many critics have argued that honesty has been replaced by greed. The media is looked upon as a money hungry industry, trying to find the sleaziest headline to attract the public’s dollar.
- History has recorded that England and China used ceramic ware to drink their tea and those records go into great detail, showing contrasts and similarities between each culture’s ceramics. The vast ideological differences between England and China show how social, political and ritualistic issues were reflected in the developments and changes made to the ware visually, as well as its functionality.
- During research, the most pressing point found was the issue of censorship. Censorship is the keystone of the public’s apparent outcry against the electronic media. To better understand censorship, the term must be defined. In Webster’s New World Dictionary, censorship is defined “as the act of removing or prohibiting anything that is considered obscene or libelous or politically objectionable”.
- In this country women have the ability and choice to create their own lives, own businesses, become what they ve always dreamed, speak their minds, or balance a family and a career. If we put in the effort we are able to accomplish all a man can accomplish, or maybe even more.
- The post World War I government of Germany was called the Weimar Republic and reigned from 1919 to 1933. It attempted to establish a peaceful, liberal democratic regime. This government was eventually doomed by economic problems and the weaknesses due to the inflation of the early 1920s, the world depression of the 1930s, and social unrest.
- In the course of the 20th century, film audiences have come to regard being scared out of their minds as one of the best forms of entertainment. This love affair with horror starts with the fantasy films of France's Georges Melies. His trick-photography shorts, filled with witches, devils, wizards, imps, and mad doctors, were both spooky and funny, and audiences flocked to them internationally in the 1900s.