В западной научной литературе идея, так называемых «электронных денег» или «электронной наличности», была впервые высказана Дэвидом Чоумом (доктор на...полностью>>
The suggestion that Whitman offers as a means of becoming distinguished, or obtaining an identity, is to live a life of self-satisfaction. The persuas...полностью>>
Флаг штата Кентукки представляет собой прямоугольное полотнище тёмно-синего цвета с изображением печати штата. Вокруг печати по окружности: вверху — н...полностью>>
- Do you recall the last 500-word essay you had to write? Or perhaps the last 500- word essay you had to read? As a teacher, Paul Roberts spent a large portion of his time reading 500-word essays. Paul Roberts found these compositions were uninspired, and done in the last possible minute.
- The big question here is ?WHAT IS Competition?? Well I think that whenever there is more than one person wants the same thing there is competition. Completion is two types PRODUCT completion and CATECORY competition. Product competition is the competition that occurs between substituted products.
- Two essays have chosen different paths to show how to correctly write. Peter Elbow’s essay “Freewriting” is almost the exact opposite of Donald Murray’s essay ‘The Maker’s Eye: Revising Your Own Manuscript”, yet how can they both claim that their way is the best way to use when writing.
- What is cancer? Cancer is the abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells that if left untreated can ultimately cause death. The word cancer came from the Greek word for crab, karkinos. The early Greek physicians who first described cancerous tumors had no notion of their cause or true nature, but they were struck by the resemblance if some invasive tumors to crabs: a hard mass with a claw like extensions and an aggressive nature.
- When I think of the word literacy, I think of the ability to read and write in a way that enables a person to function as a contributing member of society. A couple of weeks ago, I would have considered myself a very literate person. However, after reading the texts for this class, this view of myself has changed.
- The class of adjectives is one of the more problematic ones in English grammar. In order to see what kind of problems and questions we are dealing with we need to address the following two questions: what adjectives are, and how we can recognize them.
- At the beginning of the war of 1870 the author of the Chants de Maldororand of Po sies, Isidore Ducasse, better known by the name of Comte de Lautr amont, whose thoughts had been of the very greatest help and encouragement to many surrealists, made the following remark;
- Zen is simply a way for us to awaken from our slumber. It is just a way for us to focus on our present experience, living in the moment. It is simply paying attention to our actual experiences as they are: a breeze brushing through your hair, pristine water wetting your lips, a stomach ache, the laughter of children playing seeing what you see, feeling what you feel.
- I think we could look at humans, in whole, and see that we all have a history; a social history. Also, what students mostly study in textbooks, and in lecture halls; political history. Therefore, history, in my terms, can be broken into three very different branches: Personal, Social, and political.
- Tragedy is defined as an extremely sad or fatal event or course of events; a story, play, or other literary work which arouses terror or pity by a series of misfortunes or sad events. The first important tragedies appeared in ancient Greece in the 400s B.
- The question asked is ‘what is drama?’ Can we truly define it? Is there a ‘textbook’ definition of something that can be so personal? What is drama in relation to theatre? Why is drama so important? What are its uses, its aims? Some have said that drama develops self-esteem and encourages creativity and imagination.
- Literature is black text on white paper, however it is not simply black and white, but rather complexly colorful. It serves as a medium for escape and adventure. Readers have the privilege of omniscience into the lives of characters who are the antithesis of themselves, as well as character’s whom the reader feels a deep connection with.
- This is reflected in the Satanic practice of celebrating one’s own birthday as the highest holiday of the year. Do not harm little children. Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food. The ninth and tenth of the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth forbid the practice of child or animal sacrifices.
- It is a conservative view of some, that the world is a very strange place. Once upon a time, four men and a woman all wished they could meet the perfect person. Each in his or her own way received a message to be at a certain bar at a time and at the third stool from the left, the perfect person would be sitting.
- July 4th, 1776 was one of the most memorable days in the history of this country, as well as, in lives of its inhabitants. One of the greatest documents in the history of the United States, the Declaration of Independence, was drafted signed and sealed endowing us life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- The complexities involved in such a system are immense. For example, an apple seller, wishing to obtain a hammer, would not only have to find a toolmaker wishing to obtain apples, but would also need to make an agreement regarding the appropriate apples/hammer exchange rate.
- Most people read magazines to inform themselves on current news and fashion. People buy magazines for different reasons, but the fact is that they do buy them. Everyone who reads or looks through them has seen advertisements. This is why advertisements are such a big business in the world today.
- All the time people face problems during there life. Most of the time the problems that people come across are very minimal and can be dealt with very easily and quickly. People do not appreciate what they have. When your parent packs your lunch and you are disappointed with what you receive, think about the people in other countries where they would eat anything that is edible.
- No country allows as much personal freedoms like the United States of America. The Supreme Court has passed laws which allow more freedom of expression than ever before. By hearing this, you may think that everyone is happy in the U.S. Well, a lot are, but to gain these freedoms, there was once a price to pay.
- Tolstoy wrote, in What is Art? If a man is infected by the author s condition of soul, if he feels this emotion and this union with others, then the object which has effected this is art: but if there be no such infection, if there be not this union with the same author and others who are moved by the same work-then it is not art?