Руки играли очень важную роль в эволюции человека. Мозг гораздо теснее связан с руками, чем с любыми другими частями тела. Очень немногие осознают пов...полностью>>
Великая война (польск. Wielka wojna; 1409—1411) — военный конфликт между рыцарями Тевтонского ордена с одной стороны и Великим Княжеством Литовским в ...полностью>>
Государственные социальные внебюджетные фонды — это целевые централизованные фонды финансовых ресурсов, формируемые за счет обязательных платежей и от...полностью>>
- The first virtue I have chosen is order. In agreement with Russell Kirk, I also believe that “order is the path we follow, or the pattern by which we live with purpose and meaning.” Order is something that directs in our everyday lives, a working condition we cannot live without.
- The antithesis to the master morality is the ?slave morality.? This morality appeals to those who are uncertain of themselves, weak willed. They define ?good? as what makes life easier, safer, with such qualities as patience, humility, charity, modesty and compassion.
- Понятие стиля находится на пересечении нескольких наук: социологии, психологии, эстетики, семиотики, этики, культурологи и собственно лингвистики. Человек, владеющий стилем, - это, прежде всего, образованный и интеллигентный человек. Он понимает ситуацию и знает, что принято в подобных ситуациях говорить.
- Beyond the Problem of EvilIntroduction:The problem of evil is, in my opinion, the best point of departure for a fruitful dialogue between Christianity, traditionally conceived, and those strands of modern philosophy which have been perceived–indeed, have sometimes perceived themselves–as a threat to that tradition.
- The world depicted In Homer?s Odyssey and Aeschylus? Agamemnon was one quite remote from the modern concept. The society of archaic Greece was one based on communities of local landowners who joined together and accepted the rule of a chief landowner.
- ” Curiouser and curiouser!’cried Alice” (Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland 9). At the time she was speaking of the fact that her body seemed to be growing to immense proportions before her very eyes; however, she could instead have been speaking about the entire nature of Lewis Carroll’s classic works Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
- The Greeks, after their country had been reduced into a province, imputed the triumphs of Rome, not to the merit, but to the FORTUNE, of the republic. The inconstant goddess, who so blindly distributes and resumes her favours, had now consented (such was the language of envious flattery) to resign her wings, to descend from her globe, and to fix her firm and immutable throne on the banks of the Tiber.
- З питань реалізації звертатися за тел.: у Харкові — (057) 712-91-44, 712-91-46, 712-91-47; у Києві — 495-14-53, 241-40-20; у Дніпропетровську — 43-46-95; у Донецьку — 345-98-24; у Житомирі — 41-35-98; у Львові — 233-53-39; у Сімферополі — 29-94-14. e-mail: commerce@ranok.
- The grandfather of Antony was the famous pleader, whom Marius put to death for having taken part with Sylla. His father was Antony, surnamed of Crete, not very famous or distinguished in public life, but a worthy good man, and particularly remarkable for his liberality, as may appear from a single example.
- It was a progressive decade.
- The first book (1) introduces the theme of the entire poem, (2) introduces us to Satan and the fallen angels, and (3) tells us that we are reading an epic poem. In order to put himself in the epic tradition of The Odyssey and The Aeneid, Milton uses devices like the invocation, epic similes, and catalogs.
- Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626) led a complicated life. He was born at the time of religious reformation, political upheaval, and the intellectual and artistic flourishing of late Renaissance Europe. He became a lawyer, statesman, essayist, historian and philosopher, who not only exemplified the values and virtues that he had inherited from the Renaissance tradition but also ushered in early conceptions of modernity.
- Homer?s The Odyssey, a magnificent story of lust, deceit, greed, and heroism, still fascinates scholars and casual readers alike today in the same way it fascinated its audience at the time it was written The Odyssey, a journey of determination, patience, and virtue, tells the tail of Odysseus, the main character, on his voyage home to Ithaka after the end of the Trojan War Odysseus goes through many unforeseen trials and tribulations, which exemplify his character During these different happenings, Odysseus makes decisions that do not correspond to his character
- Explore the part played by the witches in the play ‘Macbeth’. What influence do they have on the events of the play and do they contribute to the atmosphere and dramatic impact of the play? I believe, that even though the witches only appear in the play a few times, they play a very important role in ‘Macbeth’ they have a great deal of influence on not just the major characters, but many of the others, and I feel that the witches contribute to the overall atmosphere of the play dramatically.
- Socrates was a Greek philosopher who lived between 470-399 B.C. He turned Greek attention toward questions of ethics and virtue and away from those of the heavenly bodies. Socrates spent much time in the Agora (marketplace) where he held conversations with townspeople.