В курсе вы познакомитесь с основными принципами страхования ответственности, а также с условиями и порядком проведения обязательного страхования ответ...полностью>>
Банковское дело->Контрольная работа
Страхование ответственности — отрасль страхования, где объектом выступает ответственность перед третьими (физическими и юридическими) лицами, которым ...полностью>>
Повышение качества образования – одна из наиболее важных целей России на сегодняшний день и национальный проект "Образование" тому яркий пример Создаю...полностью>>
- Frank, Betty, you re right on time. Please come in, Glenna asked as she and her husband Chris greeted their long time friends at the door. Dinner is about ready, please have a seat, Glenna invited as she hustled to the kitchen. Can I help at all? Betty hollered as Glenna scurried along.
- Violence in video games seems to be growing stronger with each passing day. But the main question should be, Who should be responsible for what our children play? A percentage of people will argue that violence in video games leads to violent behavior.
- Do video games containing violence spark people of today to commit violent acts? Violence in video games are blamed for some of todays violent crimes. Some people believe that these crimes are committed due to playing a video game. Others believe that video games are a easy excuse for the violent acts, and keep America from looking deeper into the minds of people committing these acts.
- My heart hammered in my chest as I raced out of the doorway just ahead of another explosion. Fragments from the blast sent pinpricks of searing pain shooting through my nervous system and gave me a new spurt of energy. Screaming like a madman, I sped across the courtyard and then scrambled over a low wall, falling into what I hoped was some sort of temporary refuge.
- Turning a potentially ultra violent game into a run of the mill mildly violent game. Another group would LOVE the ability to say that the ESRB has the authority to say whether or not a game is released.
- In recent years, technological advances have introduced many new forms of entertainment, one of the most popular being video games. Since their introduction, professionals and parents have become concerned with the addictive power that video games can have on people, particularly children and adolescents.
- Over the past several years, video games have evolved from the simple pong and pac man to highly detailed, fully interactive fantasy adventures. Unfortunately, along with this development came the ability to depict violence with gory detail and high-speed action.
- A sniper perched high in a eagle’s nest zooms in through his scope to the head of his enemy, pulls the trigger, the enemy falls to the ground headless. This is a image that is common in the world of war, and now in the world of video games. Teens all over the world have become completely addicted to first person fighting games.
- There have been many arguments regarding the violence in television and video games. The current trend is to limit children s exposure to violent material. The belief is that violent material elicits violent behavior. A counter argument states that violent material actually relieves built-up anger innate to humans.
- Let’s face it, we live in a violent world. We can see it in many aspects of our surroundings, and if we miss it we have a chance to see it played out again and again in the media. There have been countless books and studies on violence in our society and on how to prevent it and what it all means; there will, no doubt, be countless more.
- We live in a society where aggressive acts happen every day, but do we really know what causes it? How can we help ourselves and others to understand what aggression is? First off, we need to define aggression, tell it’s causes and effects and determine the best way to deal with it.
- In recent times, numerous violent acts have been committed by children in America, and society found it necessary to immediately find the causes to such bewildering tragedies. Whether it was the media, parental neglect, mental or physical abuse, availability of guns, or violence on TV, parents and political officials had to find a scapegoat.
- In the book Toting a Gun for Tomorrow by Jonie Michel, a fictional world is created where it is an accepted fact that youth violence occurs, and where teens kill teens in large numbers. The main idea in this book is that changes need to be made in order to deter teen violence, and when these changes do not occur chaos erupts.
- Recent attention in the media relating violence and children has created much controversy and debate. Our society has brought much focus on violence in the media and how it has effected children of all ages and races. High school shootings and increasing crime in small towns all over the country has brought forth the question of whether or not children are exposed or desensitized to too much violence in television, movies, news, and other sources.
- Violence is found all around us in the media. Parents are becoming worried about what their children are exposed to. There has been an ongoing debate as to whether violence in the media can affect children to imitate acts of violence. After much research I have found there is a link between watching violence, and committing acts of violence.
- American children and adolescents are being exposed to increasing amounts of media violence, especially in television, movies, video games, and youth-oriented music. By age 18, the average young person will have viewed an estimated 200 acts of violence on television alone.
- These things provoke anger, temper, and crummy attitudes. Gross visuals and music dull sensitivities. They teach the wrong way to handle problems. Make no mistake about this. No matter what this girl or other defenders of this junk may say, violent movies, video games, and gross music have consequences that include more arguing, hitting, abuse, and other violent behavior; sometimes even killings like happened in Littleton.
- There has been a lot of discussion on what the typical child murderer is like. Many people think that there is a stereotype of a kid that would have violent tendencies. In the most recent school shootings, the killers weren t all drug addicts or loners.
- “Video games are not the source of violence in our society”, says the president of the Interactive Digital Software Association Doug Lowenstein, “That’s like blaming illiteracy on television. It’s time we look at availability of guns and dysfunctional families as the source of violence-not games (Goodstein).
- On March 24, 1998 in Jonesboro, Arkansas two young boys ages 11 and 13 years old walked into their middle school in full camouflage gear and heavily armed and open fire on the student body. At the end of the day reports read that 4 female students and a teacher was killed; in addition to those killed, 11 were wounded.