Організація Об’єднаних Націй – це універсальна й найавторітетніша міжнародна організація сучасності, покликана сприяти розвитку головних політичних пр...полностью>>
С 28 по 30 июня 2010 г. Институт Горшенина провел телефонный опрос на тему «Защищены ли права ребенка в Украине?». Всего согласно случайной выборке бы...полностью>>
Taped TV violence, unlike real violence, repeats over and over in an accelerating pattern. The sounds and scenes of violence echo, firing in every dir...полностью>>
- Overall violent crime increased by 81% with a twofold increase in aggravated assault, while murder rates varied little. According to another database, violent crime rates remained stable.
- viewers also increases. This summer’s smash hit Independence Day grossed more money than any other film in history, and it was full of violence. The other summer hits included Mission: Impossible, Courage Under Fire, and A Time to Kill. All of these movies contained violence, and all were highly acclaimed.
- In society today, violence is any deliberate act involving physical force or the use of a weapon in an attempt to achieve a goal, further a cause, stop the action of another, act out an angry impulse, defend oneself from attack, secure a material reward, or intimidate others.
- The theories of sport mirroring society, violence as a result of economic incentive, and the influence of the crowd behavior are the theories that I feel are responsible for the increasing violence in sports.
- A boy about seventeen, Alex the narrator and main character living in London, rampages about with his ?droogs? (friends) raping, stealing, beating and even killing people. Alex one day is caught for murder and jailed but two years later he is luckily freed twelve years before his sentence ends to take advantage of a new treatment for violent people like him that he volunteered for.
- The issue of gun control and violence, both in Canada and the United States, is one that simply will not go away. If history is tobe any guide, no matter what the resolution to the gun control debate is, it is probable that the arguments pro and con will be much the same as they always have been.
- When preschoolers watched the aggressive behavior of adults in a movie, they later reacted to mild frustrations. Violence in films does not just affect youngsters, but people of all ages. In the same study Lovaas and Walters experimented with the same idea.
- From 199 to 1995, drug use among teenagers almost doubled. Drugs and alcohol are both mind altering agents which cause people to do things that they would not normally do or intensify the emotions that they feel.
- Two students walked into Columbine High School on April 20, 1 , armed with shotguns and explosives. The incident ended with tragic results. 15 families lost a brother, a sister, a child, a niece, or a nephew. From this incident many questions were left unanswered.
- On February 5th 2001, I woke up, went down stairs and started to read the newspaper. I suddenly stopped, when I read the headline 11 year old slain on 1st outing in Springfield. I then read the article and couldn t believe what America was coming to. An eleven-year-old boy stabbed another boy his age in a movie theater.
- There has been a lot of controversy regarding the lyrics with negative messages, and they say it has an impact on our youth. Me being a teenager who listens to that kind of music, I don t agree with them. For years teenagers have been killing, and using drugs and doing violent things.
- We are a nation of diplomats, the world’s most polite people, trained from childhood to apologize before we speak. Nothing distinguishes Canadians from our American neighbours more than our quest for compromise, our relentless search for safe, middle ground.
- An American football hero racing on the freeway in a white Ford Bronco, finally stopping in front of his luxurious home. Six years or more ago this scenario would have sounded like a clever advertisement campaign. Replay the same scenario from 1994 forward and almost all Americans will vividly recall the death of Nicole Simpson and her ex-husband (0.
- The debate regarding the media’s relationship to violence in society has been a hot issue for most of the past century. From the beginning of the wide use of mass media, from films to radio to television, researchers have tried to explain any association or correlation between media effects and violence.
- The Effects of Television Violence on ChildrenChildren and Televison Violence What has the world come to these days? It often seems likeeverywhere one looks, violence rears its ugly head. We see it in thestreets, back alleys, school, and even at home.
- In most work related incidents, crimes are committed against someone the perpetrator knows. Perpetrators also tend to fall into several categories and have some characteristics in common. Typically there are situational settings that trigger people to commit these shocking crimes.
- Violence in an intimate relationship is often referred to as domestic violence. It is not only wife/husband abuse but also includes sibling, elder, and child abuse. My essay will discuss spouse abuse and why there are such high rates of it in our society.
- The United States has become the most violent nation in the industrial world. The latest, a bloodbath in Littleton, Colorado, once again has us questioning our society. These revenge fantasies portrayed in Littleton are showing themselves in movies and on TV.
- A major topic of conversation nowadays is whether or not voilence on television causes children to bahave more violently Shortly after I began to research this topic, I realized that it is not a clear cut issue Evidence can be easily found to support each position In the following essay I will examine the different positions that can ba taken on this topic and try ro form my own view on the affect violent TV has on chidren