In the poem “A Song for Simeon,” T.S. Eliot uses ambiguity and religious allusion to convey decay and death of the old order to make room for modernit...полностью>>
Now, with ideology not on top of the agenda anymore, these causes have regained their importance. After the second World War the world was dominated b...полностью>>
Everyone has to make choices about what is important to them during life, and often, the time when this is hardest is the teen years. In The Catcher I...полностью>>
- Tim was born May 6, 1922 in New York city. He attended Jamaica High School, out in Queens, which he said was a great school. He took Latin and Greek. Tim had one brother who was younger by a year and a half. His brother stayed in the Army and retired as a captain.
- In reading Philip Caputo’s book, “A Rumor of War,” I discovered that he strongly presented a similar idea to that of Tim O’Brien in his book, “The Things They Carried.” This is the idea that war can not bring or cause good, it only produces varying amounts of evil.
- Simply by its name, the action film genre would seem to be the easiest of all genres to describe. In fact, unlike a genre such as the Western, whose generic markers are largely clear-cut (deserts, cowboys, horses, shoot-outs on Main Street, the frontier), the action film can be defined so broadly that it becomes a term of almost no use at all.
- When the first man set foot on this earth he longed for companionship. He wanted some one to keep him company, help him hunt and most of all, be a friend. Since that first step, when man domesticated animals, pets have been a growing part of many people?s lives.
- A professor once asked me to write an essay on what I thought was the philosophy of life. Assuming money was no object, and society permitted it, what would I consider my garden? Not giving it much thought, I threw together what I thought would suffice.
- We all perform vanishing tricks, effacing history, locking up our lives and slipping day by day into the shadows (301). Reality is relative to the observer; beings so, history is what one makes it. The main character in In the Lake of the Woods is a man named John Wade; the reader knows he is a lawyer, a politician and a Vietnam War vet.
- Drugs work by changing chemicals in your brain that control your mood. Most drugs boost or imitate the behavior of chemicals (like adrenaline, dopamine and serotonin) which regulate our mood, well being and energy levels. These chemical messengers are part of what makes us feel happy.
- La lexicologie peut être historique et descriptive, elle peut être orientée vers une ou plusieurs langues. La lexicologie historique envisage le développement du vocabulaire d'une langue dès origines jusqu 'à nos jours, autant dire qu'elle en fait une étude diachronique.
- Изображение учебника «Английский язык: учеб. для 9 кл. общеобразо-ват. учреждений / [В.П. Кузовлев, Н.М. Лапа, Э.Ш. Перегудова и др.] -12-е изд. - М.: Просвещение, 2007» приведено на обложке данного издания исключительно в качестве иллюстративного материала (ст.
- Данные материалы включают теоретические сведения о звукобуквенных соответствиях в английском языке, упражнения для совершенствования навыков чтения, а также материалы для чтения и заучивания наизусть. Материалы могут быть использованы как для аудиторной, так и самостоятельной работы учащихся.