Orson Welles liked to reuse certain elements throughout his films. He liked a good deep focus shot. He liked low key lighting. He liked the grotesque ...полностью>>
История налогов насчитывает тысячелетия. Они стали необходимым звеном экономических отношений с момента возникновения государства и разделения обществ...полностью>>
Литература и русский язык->Реферат
С появлением в лингвистике тенденции к антропоцентризму язык перестал рассматриваться как отвлеченная знаковая система, в поле зрения ученых вошли явл...полностью>>
Актуальность данной работы вызвана тем, что для современной российской экономики повышение эффективности функционирования банковского сектора - основн...полностью>>
- A sniper perched high in a eagle’s nest zooms in through his scope to the head of his enemy, pulls the trigger, the enemy falls to the ground headless. This is a image that is common in the world of war, and now in the world of video games. Teens all over the world have become completely addicted to first person fighting games.
- Many people are quick to make accusations why the children of this age are doomed. Recently, with the high school shootings, people are pointing fingers to determine what has caused the recent outbreak of “youth violence.” It doesn’t seem like that youth violence has happened to this extent at any age throughout the history of the United States.
- In 1968, in a political comeback unprecedented in American history, Nixon was elected the 37th president of the United States. This victory followed two major political defeats. In his first bid for the presidency in 1960, the Democratic candidate, John F.
- States from Michigan to Nebraska to California, as well as the federal government, are considering new rules on letting law-abiding citizens carry guns. Does allowing citizens to carry concealed handguns deter violent crimes? Or does this cause otherwise law-abiding citizens to harm each other? Thirty-one states now have guaranteed their citizens the right to carry concealed handguns if applicants do not have a criminal record or a history of significant mental illness.
- More than a half century has passed since critics and theater-goers recognized Tennessee Williams (1911-1983) as an important–perhaps the most important–American playwright. Two recent events, however, have created renewed interest in his work. The first is the death in 1996 of Maria St.
- “Inevitably, being an uncontrolled system, means that the Internet will be subjected to subversive applications of some unscrupulous users.” (Kershaw) The concept of the Internet was created in answer to a strategic problem faced by the United States government during the Cold war era.
- 1970s Hollywood has been characterized as a "renaissance" and a "revolutionary" decade, mostly because of the exceptional artistic and personal filmmaking that flourished in the early part of the decade after a period of industrial decline in the '60s, and that found popular acceptance with a young, critically attuned audience craving something new.
- While the censorship of art is not a new phenomenon, recent years have witnessed renewed and intensified attempts to control popular culture. In particular, rap and rock music have come under increasing attack from various sides representing the entire left and right political spectrum, purportedly for their explicit sexual and violent lyrical contents.
- The target heart rate chart is broken down from twenty years of age to seventy years. The target heart rate zone of fifty to seventy-five percent for people of twenty years is 100-150 beats per minute with the average maximum heart rate of 100% at 200 beats per minute.
- In recent years, scholarly communication has virtually exploded into the on-line electronic world. This has brought a number of demonstrable benefits to the scholarly communication process as well as highlighting a number of inefficiencies and obstacles to the full deployment of information technology.
- The novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, by George Orwell, is presented as a warning about a possible, but not inevitable fate for humanity. The society we live in can become the totalitarian state of Big Brother and the Party if we allow it. The abuse of power and dehumanization of mankind are two dangerous prospects.
- The history of human growth and development is at the same time the history of the terrible struggle of every new idea heralding the approach of a brighter dawn. In its tenacious hold on tradition, the Old has never hesitated to make use of the foulest and cruelest means to stay the advent of the New, in whatever form or period the latter may have asserted itself.
- The Irish Republican Army, also known as the IRA, is a parliamentary and nationalist organization that opposes the connection of Northern Ireland to Great Britain. The IRA is also dedicated to the creation of a single unified Irish state. The name IRA derived from the veterans of the Easter Battles of 1916.
- Absent FathersThe date is April 30th, 1970. I’m eight years old. I wake up in the morning and I think it is a school day, only no one is getting ready for school. I’m the youngest of six, and usually the “getting ready for school” routine creates quite a commotion.
- Meanwhile, the Latino and Asian Pacific population witnessed a doubling — from 15% to 39% — and near quadrupling ? from 3% to 11% of their population shares respectively.
- Slang, informal, nonstandard words and phrases, generally shorter lived than the expressions of ordinary colloquial speech, and typically formed by creative, often witty juxtapositions of words or images. Slang can be contrasted with jargon (technical language of occupational or other groups) and with argot or cant (secret vocabulary of underworld groups), but the borderlines separating these categories from slang are greatly blurred, and some writers use the terms cant,argot, and jargon in a general way to include all the foregoing meanings.